Rome: Rise of an Empire
Join the gladiators in the Colosseum of Rome as they fight for glory and the grace of the beautiful empress on the slot from Blueprint Gaming. No less than five random reel modifiers and five bonus features will let you experience the action in the arena to score wins of up to 2,500 times your bet.
Rome: Rise of an Empire is a video slot with five reels, three rows and 20 fixed pay lines. Entrance to the amphitheatre will cost you from 0.20 to 500 credits. The medium variance game can be played on desktop or mobile devices and has an RTP of 96.64%. Use Autoplay to complete 10 to 100 consecutive spins without interruption.
The game window is set in the midst of the Colosseum where a sunny day is greeting the gladiators ahead of their next fight. The empress is gracing the reels with her beauty as she gazes into the arena. A heroic soundtrack gets really dramatic when a tiger appears with a loud roar from the left to announce the triggering of a random feature.
Open the game to find nicely crafted pay symbols, starting with the card suits at the low end – clubs, spades, diamonds and hearts. They are followed in ascending order by shields, helmets, the empress and the gladiator. Top paying symbols are the slot logo, which appears super stacked at all times, as well as the SPQR wild symbol, that substitutes for all symbols except scatters. Pays for a single five of a kind range from 2.5x to 25x bet. The scatters are a tile showing the Colosseum.
Base Game Random Feature
Brace for tons of action in the base game as Blueprint has stuck to their usual feature-rich slot design. The tiger will jump onto the screen with a load roar announcing the triggering of one of five random features:
- Sword Strike – a gladiator sword will slash the bottom row of symbols to let new ones drop on top, up to three times for each trigger. Any wins are paid after every slash.
- Legion’s Glory – the screen will start shaking, while one to three stacked shield wilds are added before the reels stop.
- Symbolus Maximus– after the reels stop, a scroll will appear to announce which symbol will be turned into a wild symbol. All instances in view are then turned wild, while a second scroll appears to unveil a win multiplier.
- Spears of Destiny – the winning combo is locked in place and reels spin again as long as new matching symbols or wilds land on a respin. Wins are evaluated at the end.
- Bonus Boost – more Bonus scatters are added to the reels for the current spin, boosting your chances to trigger a feature.
The action continues in the bonus round. Five features are available on Rome: Rise of an Empire. Hit minimum three scatters to trigger the bonus wheel. Players will have one spin to determine which feature will be played. The five options are shown on the right in ascending order of their average win potential. Any of the lower four features can be gambled again to upgrade to the next one, up to the top choice.
- Urn Riches – a pick-and-click game with this is a pick me round. Pick to find three matching items for a coin win, an upgrade symbol that will double the prizes or direct entry to the Big Money Bonus round.
- Uprising – A fortress with five towers appears. Launch the attack to destroy the turrets, each with a different coin win. Completing a round will upgrade the prizes. Destroying the middle tower will lead again to the Big Money Bonus round.
- Volcanic Cash Free Spins – unlimited free spins with x2 and x5 multiplier on reel three until a stop symbol appears the same reel. One more spin is played with an x6 or x10 multiplier.
- Empress’s Treasure Free Spins – awards 15 free spins. A special Empress Wild is added to all reels. It will expand first when it lands before offering a cash bonus or to lock the wild in for the remainder of the round. Occasionally, the cash bonus offer will be upgraded. Players can accept it or carry on with the feature. An Empress’s Treasure Value is awarded at the end of the feature if there is a standard Empress symbol on any reel.
- Big Money Bonus – a pick-and-click game with multiple rounds, each with three coins. Hidden behind are bet multipliers from x20 to x100 your bet or a collect symbol. The feature is directly triggered when five scatters land in one spin in the base game or via the upgrade from the Urn Riches and Uprising features.
As usual with games from this developer, you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to features. The win potential is not bad either, a full screen of slot logos will pay 500x bet, score that in the last spin of the Volcanic Cash Free Spins round and you will win 3,000x or even 5,000x your bet with the special multipliers.