Join the three feathered heroes as they fight off virtual alien monsters in a distant future world on the slot from NetEnt. The high-volatility grid game with cluster pays will surprise you with a flurry of features, random symbol destruction and engaging multi-level bonus rounds that can lead to wins of up to 2,500 times your stake.
Wild Worlds is a 5×5 grid slot with Avalanche symbol drops, where a winning combination of three to five matching symbols horizontally or vertically will explode to make room for new symbols to drop into place until no new wins hit after a fresh avalanche. All wins are accumulated and paid once a spin sequence concludes.
You can face the monsters together with the three heroes on desktop or mobile from 0.20 to 400 credits. The RTP of this high variance game is set at 96.47%. The extensive NetEnt Autoplay function allows you to set up to 1,000 consecutive spins with personalized settings.
Graphics and Visuals
Open the game to find yourself inside a command centre with a split game window. The area to the left is seeing the three heroes sitting on control screens in the base game that changes to a battle display in the free spins round when the heroes will face giant monsters. The area to the right is taken up by the 5×5 game grid which is populated mainly by gems in different shapes and colours. All action on the reels is accompanied by a futuristic sounding EDM track.
The regular pay symbols are gems in varying shapes. They appear in ascending order in green, pink and blue colours, each associated to one of the three heroes. On the low level, they are marked with feathers, bolts and hair quiffs or maybe better said feather quiffs while on the medium level, you will find them marked with the silhouette of the three heroes in green, pink and blue colours. Pays for a single five of a kind range from 0.4 to 15x your stake.
A black symbol ornamented in gold and marked with a crown as well as the wild symbol round off the top of the paytable and are the most valuable, paying 100x your bet for a single five of a kind. There are also scatters marked with an ‘S’ on the reels with minimum three needed to trigger the free spins.
The Destroy and Hero Wilds Features
You might get the feeling that NetEnt went all out to cram as many features into the slot as possible. It will take some time to see them all play out at least once and maybe a little more time to get a grasp on the mechanics. We will try to get through them in chronological order to try and make it all a bit easier to understand.
- Random Destroy Feature: can trigger at random after any losing spin in the base game. It will select one of the heroes and all instances of symbols with the associated hero colour will remain on the reels while all others in view are destroyed, except wilds and scatters. A new avalanche of symbols will then fill the empty spaces to potentially turn a losing spin into a win.
- Hero Wilds Feature: triggers in the base game and free spins when you land a winning combination with any of the three medium-value hero symbols – those marked with the silhouettes of the three heroes. All other instances of the same symbol in view which are not part of a winning combo will turn into a wild symbol for the current spin sequence.
The Wild Worlds Free Spins Feature
Make sure you are not in a hurry when you start playing Wild Worlds as it will take some time to get through the main part of the action on this slot. It will all start with minimum three scatters landing on a spin, at which point you will trigger eight free spins with three worlds, nine captains and three Bosses.
The game leads to a second screen with a world selector to determine in which world the first battle will take place. It then returns to the main screen with the left side of the game client changing to a battleground with the three monsters, each with a damage meter, in the background. In front are the three heroes with a Hero meter underneath of each.
The aim in the bonus round is to beat three Captains and the Boss to progress through a total of three worlds. Defeating the captains and the Boss is done by scoring winning combinations with low and medium-value hero symbols which will put two features at the disposal of the three superheroes that will deal the damage to the monsters:
- Hero Attack: any winning combination with a low-value symbol will deal damage to the monsters and charge the Hero meter of the hero matching in colour in the winning combo
- Hero Super Attack: is launched once the Hero meter of a hero is fully charged to deal extra damage to the current monster.
The Captain monsters have 15 health points while the Boss monster has 105 health points. An attack or super attack will reduce the health points of a monster by 1 to 4 points.
Defeating all Captains in a world will get you to the Boss fight while beating the Boss will advance you to the next world and retrigger eight free spins. In each world, extra wilds are awarded for each Captain that is eliminated. A friendly bird-looking alien will drop them in specific patterns, based on which world the battles take place
- Dark Forest | Green World – Spreading Wilds: A number of single wilds are spreading to random positions.
- Ice World | Blue World – Heavy Wilds: One stack of two wilds is placed on a random reel position.
- Fire Lands | Red World – Random Wilds: Two to four single wilds are placed on random reel positions.
Caught your breath yet? Wild World looks complicated at first but it will become self-explanatory once you have seen all features play out a few times. After that, you will get to enjoy a very entertaining and engaging slot with plenty of action and big win potential. Looks like NetEnt has found their ‘mojo’ again with this creation.