Magic of Pandora
Get ready for a dose of Greek mythology on the slot from 2BY2 Gaming. The tale of Pandora’s Box dates back to ancient times and to this day is used metaphorically for inviting troubles should one dare to open it. According to the legend, opening it was a curse, so will it prove differently on a set of slot reels? Four random reel modifiers in the base game and a free spins round with guaranteed modifiers beg to differ as they can lead to wins of up to 2,000x your bet on a single spin.
Magic of Pandora is a video slot with five reels, three rows and 25 fixed pay lines. Wins are awarded for three to five matching symbols on a line from left to right only. Dare to open the box on desktop or mobile devices from 0.25 to 25 credits per spin. The RTP of this medium variance game is set at 96.03%.
A stone-paved stroll path flanked by Greek columns in the midst of lush park is the backdrop to an intricate game window. Heavily ornamented, it contains symbols assimilated with the legend of Pandora’s Box. A serene soundtrack played on a flute is only interrupted by the usual reel and win count noises.
The pay symbols start at the low end with the card suits – clubs, diamonds, hearts and spades – paying 1.6x to 2x your bet for a five of a kind. They are followed by an ancient Greek amphora, an eagle, a burning torch, a dove as well as a male and female character. Hit five on a line to win 3x to 40x your stake.
The slot logo is the wild symbol, appearing on reels two, three and four only and substituting for all regular pay symbols. Scatters are an intricate tile with a Parthenon marked with the word “Bonus”.
The Magic of Pandora Slot Features
The game has no less than four random features which can trigger on any spin in the base game. They will also be active in the free spin feature, although in a different manner. A pink box (I wonder if Pandora’s box really looked like that) sitting in the top right corner will jump into the middle of the screen and open briefly to release one of the modifiers:
- Wild Reels: one or two snakes will escape from the box to turn one or two of the centre reels wild
- Extra Wild: the box will open and will release a random number of extra wilds onto the reels
- Additional Pay Lines: watch out for a spider escaping from the box as he will increase the number of pay lines up to 50
- Mystery Stacks: Super stacks of mystery symbols are added to the reels, unveiling a common symbol when they land.
Hitting three, four or five scatters anywhere on the reels in one spin will trigger 8, 12 and 16 free spins respectively. Plus, you’ll collect as well coins wins of 1x, 4x and 20x your bet. Pandora’s Box can jump onto the screen after any free spin to award +4 free spins, no limits. You will be presented with two choices for your free spins.
- Accept Awarded Feature: The game will randomly select either Wild Reel, Extra Wild or Additional Pay Lines to be active on every free spin.
- Create Your Own Feature: You can choose which feature should be active. You can select just one feature for all spins or a combination of them. For the latter you can designate the number of free spins each should be active.
Magic of Pandora is a likeable slot with plenty of features and medium win potential. To score the maximum win in a single spin of 2,000x the stake you will need a full screen of the female character when the spider increases the number of pay lines to 50. The question that remains now is whether you will dare to open Pandora’s Box.