Rainbow Riches Cluster Magic
The fabled leprechaun returns for another reel adventure on the slot from Barcrest powered by Scientific Games subsidiary SG Digital. Rainbow Riches Cluster Magic is the latest addition to one of the most popular slot franchises in off and online gaming. Follow the rainbow to the Emerald Isle on an 8×8 grid with cluster pays and three free spin modes that can lead to wins of up to 12,500 times your bet or 250,000 credits, whichever is reached first.
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to £123|
|Extras||10% Cashback on cash deposits|
|No Deposit Offer|
|Bonus available||Valid until further notice|
|Time to meet requirements||30 days|
|Operator||L&L Europe Ltd|
|Max bet size||£5|
|Deposit bonus||No limits|
|No deposit max cashout||N/A|
|Deposit Bonus||50 X Bonus|
|Free spins||No wagering|
Rainbow Riches Cluster Magic is a cascading grid slot with cluster pays. The default 4×4 format will gradually increase to the maximum of 8×8 through scoring repeated wins within a single spin sequence (more to that shortly). Wins are awarded for clusters of five or more matching symbols landing horizontally and/or vertically connected. Your trip to the Emerald Isle starts at 0.20 credits and peaks at 50 credits per spin. The game has medium to high volatility with an RTP of 96.35%.
The visuals are all that you can expect from an Irish-themed slot. The lush green, the blue sky, the pot with gold coins and the rainbow, all on a serene realm with the leprechaun’s lodging in the far distance. The giant game grid is framed in gold and partially covered with green 4-leaf clover tiles that will gradually disappear after winning cascades. A traditional Irish tune keeps things lively at all times.
The pay symbols are grouped into three categories, starting with low-value gems in orange, green, blue and purple colours, awarding across the board 10x your bet for clusters of 10 or more symbols. The medium group consists of toadstools and 4-leaf clovers. Hit 10+ clusters to win 50x your stake. The leprechaun is the premium symbol, yielding a whopping 250x your bet for 10+ clusters. The fabled pot of gold marked with the word itself is the wild symbol, substituting for all other pay symbols. There is no scatter on this slot.
Rainbow Riches Cluster Magic Slot Features
After more than a dozen Rainbow Riches slots with spinning reels including a Megaways version, it was time to add a grid slot into the mix. Barcrest opted for a progressive-style gameplay that will gradually open up the grid to trigger the free spins round. Time to find out if it is worth chasing this pot of gold.
At the start of a spin sequence, 16 symbols cascade onto to the default 4×4 grid. Hit a cluster of minimum five or more matching symbols connected vertically and/or horizontally and you have a winner. All symbols from the combo will disappear and new ones will cascade into the empty spaces. At the same time, a section of the concealed area will be uncovered and thus more symbols being brought into play. Hit another winner and the process is repeated until the full 8×8 grid has been opened up. A spin sequence ends should no new winning cluster land after a cascade. All wins are added up and paid in one amount before the grid is reset to the default 4×4 format.
Rainbow Riches Cluster Magic Feature Wheel
Hitting six consecutive winning cascades within one spin sequence will not only open the grid to the maximum 8×8 six but will also trigger 8 Free Games with one of three extra features. The game will lead to a new screen, displaying a wheel with blue, green and red sections. Initially, you will get one spin to determine which extra feature will be active throughout your bonus round. However, you will have the chance for one respin if you are not happy with the won extra feature but it is not always free.
- Respin when Persisting Wilds are won (lowest win potential): cost for the respin is 8x your bet.
- Respin when Infinity Spins are won (medium win potential): cost for the respin is 5x your bet.
- Respin when Wild Rain is won (highest win potential): respin is free
Rainbow Riches Cluster Magic Wild Rain Free Games
The bonus round is played on the full 8×8 grid. Each free game can have up to six winning cascades after which you will move on to the next one. Remember, you have one of three extra features that could potentially have a significant impact on your winnings from the round. Here’s what the extra features will get you:
- Green – Persisting Wilds: Two persisting wilds are added in a fixed pattern for each winning cascade within one spin, up to a maximum of 12 wilds. They will stay in place until the end of the current spin sequence. The process is repeated for every free game. Hitting six consecutive winning cascades will award +4 free games (keep an eye on the 4-leaf clover display on the right).
- Blue – Infinity Spins: The round starts with an x1 win multiplier which will increase by x1 for each winning cascade. Plus, for each winning free spin, you’ll get +1 free spin, up to a maximum of 250. The multiplier will not reset between spins and instead will keep growing until the end of the round. This mode has a feature guarantee of minimum 10x bet.
- Red – Wild Rain: A random number between 4 and 16 standard wilds is added to the grid for each free game. Hitting six consecutive winning cascades will award +4 free games (again, keep an eye on the display to the right).
The round ends when you run out of free spins, hit the maximum of 250 free games in the Infinity Spins mode or reach the win cap of 12,500x bet or 250,000 credits. The grid will then reset to the default 4×4 format before the next base game spin starts.
Although I am not a big fan of the Rainbow Riches franchise, I quite enjoyed playing the Cluster Magic version. While getting to the full grid and feature trigger can be somewhat tedious at times, it offers ample win potential in the base game to keep you going. Beware though, even a smiling leprechaun can have a rainy day, which will see your balance diminish rather rapidly. The Wild Rain feature most definitely is the one with the best win potential.