The Final Countdown
It is time to start headbanging again as shooting star Big Time Gaming prepares the release of the sequel to Danger! High Voltage. Dubbed The Final Countdown and by some as Danger! High Voltage 2, the slot is the second BTG production featuring a hit rock song from the ’80s. This time the honours go to Swedish rock band Europe and their lead singer Joey Tempest.
Reel Cloning and up to x256 multipliers in the base game as well as a choice of two bonus rounds – The Countdown and Heading for Venus – are the ingredients for a highly volatile slot with a win potential of up to 36,000 times your stake.
The Final Countdown is a video slot with six reels, four rows and 4,096 ways to win. Pays are awarded for adjacent symbols from left to right only. You can start the final countdown on mobile or desktop from 0.20 to 20 credits (subject to change). The RTP of this super-high variance game is expected to be again in the region of 96.5%. As usual with games from Big Time Gaming, you can use the Autoplay function to set up 10 to 100 consecutive spins with a mandatory loss limit when the run should stop.
Graphics and Visuals
Open the game to find yourself on a rocket launch-pad, ready for take-off the soon a big win hits the screen. A city skyline can be seen in the distant background which is held in bright colours. The game window resembles a lighting rig from a concert stage with spotlights beaming around the stage. It changes to an impressive space shuttle setting in red or purple in the free spins rounds while Joey Tempest is blaring from the speakers with Europe’s 1986 smash hit “The Final Countdown”.
BTG seems to love their standard pay symbol set and has kept them for The Final Countdown, which must not be a bad thing as it gives a sense of familiarity. They start at the low end with the card royals from 9 to A, paying 0.4x to 1x the bet for a single six of a kind. At the high end are the well-known gems in green, blue, red and purple colours. Hitting six across the reels will award 1.25x to 25x your stake. The scatter is a golden tile with the acronym ‘FC’ for Final Countdown.
The game has two wild symbols, the female and the male astronauts who will be beaming us into the sky on big wins. In the base game, they can appear as a single symbol or as part of the cloned reels that could lead to an x256 multiplier. Plus, each will play a distinct role in their respective free spins feature.
The Random Reel Cloning Feature
Fans of BTG games will know this mechanic from the Queen of Riches slot where two or more reels can be connected, replicating the same pay symbols across all cloned reels. On The Final Countdown, reels two to five can be cloned on any spin in the base game or in the Heading For Venus free spins, leading to a maximum block of four synchronized reels. To make things more interesting, scatters and wild symbols can appear on cloned reels. Any wild landing on a spin with cloned reels will increase in size relative to the number of cloned reels.
- Two cloned reels: Any wild will increase to a 2×2 size, awarding an x4 multiplier to any potential win
- Three cloned reels: Any wild will increase to a 3×3 size, awarding an x27 multiplier to any potential win
- Two cloned reels: Any wild will increase to a 4×4 size, awarding an x256 multiplier to any potential win
Hitting a six of a kind purple gems with an x256 multiplier will pay a massive 6,400x your bet in the base game, not counting all other symbol pays.
The Danger High Voltage 2: The Final Countdown Bonus Features
Keeping in sync with the original Danger High Voltage slot, BTG has created as well two types of free spins for the sequel. And these are monster features that have huge win potential with wild multipliers, sticky wandering wilds that increase after retriggers and other modifiers. Three to five scatters on a spin will trigger the feature selector and pay a coin win between 6x and 100x your bet.
- The Countdown – Female Astronaut Wild can grow to a 4×4 size and x256 multiplier: The game awards eight free spins, starting with a 2×2 female wild marked with an x4 win multiplier roaming across reel two to five and settling on a random position on every free spin. Any win including the wild will be multiplied accordingly. Additionally, a Countdown counter can be seen on the left of the game window. The aim is to reduce it from 10 to 0 before you are running out of free spins. Each Countdown scatter landing will reduce it by one to three points. The feature is retriggered once it reaches zero and the wild increases to a 3×3 size with an x27 multiplier on the first and to a 4×4 size with an x256 multiplier on the second retrigger.
- Heading for Venus – Male Astronaut Wild will randomly increase the win multiplier from x4 up to x888: This round awards 15 free spins with the Reel Clone feature active on every spin. The free spins can be retriggered indefinitely. Plus, the male wild can turn into a Velocity Wild when it appears on cloned reels, randomly raising the win multiplier to values between x4 and an insane x888.
The rumours have been buzzing through the casino community for weeks before we got the first confirmed news that BTG has indeed produced a sequel to the immensely popular and highly volatile Danger High Voltage slot. And yet again, Big Time Gaming has shown that their creativity knows no bounds.
As expected the sequel is spectacular and highly volatile that will have players on edge throughout any slotting session as it can produce huge wins on any spin in the base game alone. However, increasing the Female Astronaut Wild to a 4×4 size or hitting a decent winning combination with an x888 Male Astronaut Wild will be the moment to turn your speakers to the max and start headbanging to celebrate mega wins of up to 36,000 times your stake.