Get ready to play the legendary board game on the slot from Big Time Gaming. Monopoly Megaways will bring back all those happy memories of getting around a circular grid to buy houses, train stations, hotels and more only that now you will be doing it on a set of slot reels. Mr Monopoly will walk around the Reel Adventure track to award reel modifiers, free spins and other extras while a free spins round with even more extras and an unlimited multiplier can lead to wins of up to 14,700 times your bet on a single free spin.
Monopoly Megaways is a video slot with 6 reels and up to 117,649 ways to win in standard play, using BTG’s trademarked Megaways engine. On every spin, the game is choosing randomly two to seven symbols for each reel, creating a minimum of 64 ways up to the maximum of 117K. The Reactive Wins feature comes into play the soon you hit any win. All symbols that are part of the combo explode to make place for new ones to cascade into place, potentially leading to more wins. The spin sequence continues until no new wins occur after a reaction.
The Reel Adventure mechanic known from Holy Diver Megaways is making another appearance and will award reel modifiers and other extras. Available on desktop and mobile devices, the bet sizes range from 0.20 to 20 credits. The slot has medium to high volatility with an RTP of 96.50% (confirmed).
Big Time Gaming kept the charm of the board game with the classic green background and the board with properties, utilities and train stations at the bottom. The game window is encased in a silver frame with three displays at the top showing the utilities, houses and current number of Megaways. On the reels, you will see the traditional Monopoly figurines such as dog and battleships. Mr Monopoly is wandering on the board when you score wins and will occasionally cheer you on or make announcements. The soundtrack is the typical Big Time Gaming tune with some resemblance to that on Dragon Born.
The pay symbols start with the BTG-typical card royals from 9 through to A, awarding 0.4x to 0.6x your bet for a single six of a kind. They are followed by items from the Monopoly board game – dog, car, battleship and top hat. Hit six across the reels to win 0.9x to 50x your stake. An artistic ‘M’ icon is the wild symbol, appearing on reels two to six only and substituting for all regular symbols.
The Monopoly Megaways Reel Adventure Explained
If you ever played Holy Diver Megaways, then you will have a good impression on how the Reel Adventure mechanic works. However, instead of a knight progressing towards the castle, we have now Mr Monopoly wandering along the board game track every time you hit a win. Depending on where he stops, he will award a series of reel modifiers and extras that can have quite an impact on your potential winnings.
- Land on GO: The next spin will be played with the maximum 117,649 ways
- First stop on a Train Station: You own the station and will get +1 free spin for your next feature
- First stop on a Utility: You own now the respective utility and will start your next feature with a higher win multiplier
- Every stop on Chance: A card will give you one spin with maximum ways, trigger the free spin feature or send you to a random property with a chance to add up to four houses.
- Stop on a Property on the second and subsequent reactions: One house is added.
- Every stop on a Community Chest: A card sends you to a random property and might give you up to four houses for it.
Monopoly Megaways Free Spins Feature
The gameplay will intensify and the suspense level will reach its climax the soon you enter the Free Spins feature. It is triggered after you added the fifth house on a property or via the Chance card. The game will award an initial eight free spins with a win multiplier of x1. However, there are a few options to increase the amount as well as the starting win multiplier:
- Every additional Feature trigger beyond the first will award +3 Free Spins
- Every additional House beyond the fifth will award +1 Free Spin
- Every owned Train Station will award +1 Free Spin
- Every owned utility will increase the starting win multiplier by x1
Let the fun begin! Mr Monopoly will wander around the board just like in the base game every time you hit a winning combination. Landing on selected locations on the board will see him award you an extra bonus.
- Land on GO: The next free spin will be played with a guaranteed 117,649 ways
- Stop on a Train Station: Get +1 free spin for each owned station
- Stop on a Utility: Increases the win multiplier by x1 for each utility you own
- Stop on Community Chest: A card will be drawn that sends you to a random property
- Stop on Chance: A card will be drawn that either sends you to a property, gives you one free spin on the maximum 117K ways or awards +5 free spins.
- Stop on a Property: Increases the win multiplier by x1 for every house you own on that property. Houses are then removed from the property.
Unfortunately, even the best things in life will eventually come to an end. On Monopoly Megaways, that means that you lose all utilities, houses and train stations, which you will have to collect again as outlined in the Adventure Reel paragraph. You get to keep though all properties and houses where you didn’t land on during the free spins, ready to start your next Monopoly round.
Could Monopoly Megaways be the next Bonanza? While there are dozens of Monopoly slots out there, they all pale in comparison to this creation, well, pale is saying it in a modest tone. Big Time Gaming has shown yet again that their creativity knows no bounds as Monopoly Megaways trumps all other titles by a mile.
To be honest, personally, I can’t wait to play this game for real money as it is highly engaging, very entertaining and utterly suspenseful in the base game and free spins. Combining the two mechanics, Megaways and Reel Adventure, with the legendary Monopoly game will take slot playing to a new level and will give all and soon-to-be Megaways fans a thrilling reel ride with high volatility and huge win potential.