Gods of Olympus Megaways
Get ready for a powerful dose of ancient Greek mythology on the slot from Blueprint Gaming. Gods Of Olympus Megaways calls on the most powerful deities in an intense game with earthshattering lightning strikes, five random features and a free spins round with four options that can lead to wins of up to 10,000
Gods of Olympus Megaways is a video slot with six reels, up to five rows and 64 to 15,625 ways to win. The game is using the patented Megaways engine from Big Time Gaming with variable reels where two to five symbols appear on each reel on a spin. Wins are then paid for adjacent symbols from left to right only. Your journey to ancient Greece on mobile, desktop or mobile will cost you from 0.10 to 10 credits. The default RTP of this high variance game is set at 96.03%. It is up to 96.91% when the feature buy options are used.
Blueprint Gaming was the first to receive a Megaways licence and have since established themselves as a powerhouse for this game genre. While some releases do not scream creativity, they nevertheless seem to have endless ideas on how to make the best use of their licence, which at the end of the day benefits the players as we get to enjoy new pay mechanics, suspenseful bonus features and some spectacular visuals.
They went all out on Gods of Olympus Megaways, calling on the ancient gods – Athena the goddess of courage, strength, law and justice, Ares the god of war, Poseidon the god of the sea, storms, earthquakes and horses and the mighty thunder god Zeus the ruler of all gods and Mount Olympus – for an immensely intense gaming experience. The visuals and animations are simply stunning. From the Greek village and Parthenon in the background to the deafening lightning strikes, this slot is bound to excite players. A mythical soundtrack gives the game an out-worldly aura that is filled with suspense.
The pay symbols start at the low end with Greek-style card royals from 9 through to A, awarding 0.5x to 1x your bet for a single six of a kind. They are followed by four mentioned gods – Poseidon, Ares, Athena and Zeus at the high end. Hit six across the reels to win 2.5x to 25x your stake.
A Parthenon marked with the word itself is the wild symbol, appearing on reels two to five only and substituting for all regular symbols. Zeus’ mighty thunderbolt acts as the scatter, appearing with a blue background in the base game and red background in the free spins.
Gods Of Olympus Megaways Slot Features
Every time we see an announcement for a Megaways slot from Blueprint Gaming we look forward to finding out what new features the designers built into the game and they rarely disappoint. The developer is well-known for its penchant for feature-rich slots, so it came as no surprise to see on Gods Of Olympus Megaways no less than five random features in the base game and four different free spins features, plus two options for a feature buy. Buckle up as it will be quite a rollercoaster ride as we take you through each of them.
Watch out when the screen goes dark at the start of a spin in the base game as the mighty Zeus will randomly appear in a menacing manner behind a mythical wheel that will spin once to determine which Zeus Power Spin feature will be triggered. As mentioned there are five on offer.
- Wild Thunder: Add up to 10 multiplier wilds to the reels for the current spin. More than one landing will be multiplied by each other.
- Colossal Thunder: Up to six reels are converted into a colossal reel for the curent spin.
- Mystery Thunder: A random number of mystery symbols are added to the reels. All landing in view will unveil a matching pay symbol.
- Bonus Thunder: A random number of bonus scatters are added to the reels and the spin played out on the maximum 15,625 ways.
- Respin Thunder: Symbols from a winning combo are held while the reels keep respinning as long as new symbols land adjacent to the combo. Symbols landing outside will not be held.
The suspense will reach its climax when you trigger the Bonus Thunder Free Spins. Three, four, five or six scatters will award 10, 12, 15 and 20 free spins respectively.
Zeus will present you with four mythical stones from which you can choose one to unveil which type of free spins you will be playing.
- Colossus Free Spins: The round starts with a 2-symbol high roaming wild that will settle on random position anywhere from reel two to five, multiplying any wins it is part of by x2. Collecting three scatters will see the roaming wild gradually increase to a 2×2 size with an x4 multiplier, followed by a 3×3 size with an x9 multiplier, up to a 5×4 size with an insane 625x multiplier. For each upgrade, you will receive +2 free spins.
- Wild Storm Free Spins: Special overlay thunderbolts can appear on top of the pay symbols on reel one and six. All symbols within the wild zone (reels two to five) will turn into wild symbols for the current spin. Collect scatters to increase the wild zone to the maximum number of reel positions. Each upgrade will award +2 free spins.
- Rise of Olympus Free Spins: Starts with an x1 multiplier and any wild landing on a free spin will increase it by x1, no limits. Every five collected wilds will award +2 free spins.
- Almighty Wild Free Spins: The round starts with x2 and x3 multiplier wilds that can land on reels two to five, for a maximum x81 multiplier. Collecting three scatter will upgrade the multipliers until they are all at x5 for a maximum of x625.
As if that is not enough, you can also make use of not one but two Bonus Bet options, especially if you are too impatient to wait for an organic trigger. They will cost you an one-time bet and will take you straight into the bonus features.
- Zeus Power Spin: Costs 50x your bet and will award one of the four random features for the current spin. RTP increases to 96.65%
- Bonus Thunder: Costs 100x your bet and give you direct access to the random free spins selector. RTP increases to 96.91%
Well, this was something. The game is simply stunning and spectacular in any way I looked at it and lets other awesome Blueprint Megaways games like Primal Megaways look rather bland. Prepare though for high volatility and pray to the gods for their wisdom and guidance as the gameplay can be pretty rough at times.