Meet the members of the birdy mob in 1920s New York on the GoodFeathers slot from Blueprint Gaming as they will ruffle some feathers with no less than three random features and five types of bonus rounds. The game is a humoristic take on the iconic mobster movie Goodfellas with a range of gangster birds replacing the actors. Trigger The Birdfather Features or the Briefing Room Bonus to score wins of up to 10,000 times your bet.
Good Feathers is a cascading video slot with five reels, three rows and 20 fixed pay lines. Playing with the mobster on desktop or mobile starts at 0.20 credits and goes up to a massive 500 credits. The RTP of this medium to high variance game is set in a range between 92.45 to 96.23% depending on which bonus feature players are selecting. As usual with games from this developer, the maximum payout in one spin or bonus round is limited to 250,000 credits.
Blueprint Gaming is taking us back to the prohibition era when gangs with Tommy guns were ruling the big cities. The silhouette of a metropolis can be seen in the background of the rather busy game window which is populated by the bird mobsters and of course not missing is the moll, the girlfriend of the boss. On the left of the reels is the Wanted Panel, which has to be fully illuminated to trigger the bonus features. A sleazy-sounding audio mixture, reminding us of the Pink Panther cartoon series as well as the Goodfellas movie, is hilariously interupted by cockerel cries on winning spins. Feathers are sent flying every time a winning combo explodes to make room for the next cascade. To complete the soundtrack in true mobster style, each pressing of the spin button will sound like choking a gun.
The authentic theme continues with the pay symbols. They start at the low end with mobster knives and revolvers and continue with six members of the GoodFeathers gang. The wild symbol is a Tommy gun resting on a table with bullets, feathers and dollar bundles. Pays for a single five of kind range from 1x to 25x your stake. There are no scatters on this slot as the bonus features are triggered by illuminatig the Wanted Panel.
The Cascading Symbol Mechanic Explained
The Good Feathers slot does not have the standard spinning reels. Instead, symbols are cascading into position from the top. Any winning combination will explode and make room for new symbols to drop into place. This continues as long as a winning combo lands after a cascade. All wins are paid cumulatelively at the end of a cascading sequence.
The Random Birdfather Bonus Features
Get ready for a frenzy of features on GoodFeathers and start off with no less than three random featurs that can trigger after any losing spin. The Birdfather will appear and present you three eggs from which you can pick one to reveal the reel modifier that will be applied to current spin.
- Stork Wilds – A Stork Stacked Wild symbol is dropped onto one to five reels The parts of the stacked wild which are part of a winning combo will explode while the remaining parts are dropping down with the other symbols.
- FlyBy Wilds – Watch the Mob bird flying past the reels to shoot random birds in view, turning them into wilds.
- Egg Bomb – A bomb is thrown onto the reels which causes all symbols to explode, replacing them with a new set and guaranteeing a win
The Briefing Room Bonus Features
The Wanted Panel on the left of the game window is your path to the bonus features. You will need to score minimum three winning cascades after an initial win in a single game round. Each winning cascade will illuminate one sheriff star on the Wanted Panel. Getting all three stars and the FBI badge illuminated in a single game round will trigger the Briefing Room Bonus. Any partial progress is reset after a losing cascade.
The game will lead to the briefing room where you are presented with five criminal cases by a grim-looking detective bird. You can make one pick to reveal one of five bonus features. You can collect the won feature or you can gamble any of the first 4 features to try and land a better one. Losing a gamble will award a booby prize of up to 40x your bet. Below is a list of the available features in ascending order of the win potential.
- Prison Escape Bonus – This feature is a 3-level pick-me game. Choose from nine prison cell doors on each level which are hiding mobster birds. Cash prizes are awarded for each bird that escapes. Land a poster with a moll to move to the next level where bigger payouts are on offer. The feature ends when you find a siren with a collect sign.
- Warehouse Bonus – This feature is a second pick-me game with five suitcases being brought in on a conveyor. You can pick one to reveal a coin win or one of the three free spins features. You can accept the prize or decline to pick another, but beware the value could decrease.
- ScarBird Free Spins – You will receive five free spins with the ScarBird appearing on every spin as an extra wild. The mobster will shoot a random number of symbols and turn them into wild symbols. The cascading sequence continues then as usual. At the end of the feature, you can pick from three suitcases to reveal either an additional five free spins or a collect sign.
- Infeathergation Free Spins – This feature will trigger eight free spins with random stacked wilds. On every free spin, one to five reels will be turned into a stacked wild. After the last free spin, you will be offered to pick from two pictures to reveal either a retrigger with three free spins or a collect sign.
- Crime Scene Free Spins – Triggers 10 free spins with an increasing multiplier of up to x20. Every winning combo will reveal a piece of evidence and increase the win multiplier by x1. An FBI badge landing on a free spin will award +3 free spins for each occurrence.
Hitting a full screen of the Birdfather symbol with the maximum x20 multiplier will pay the top win of 10,000x your bet on this slot.
I am repeating this most of the times when reviewing 20-line slots from Blueprint Gaming – “caught your breath?”. The developer has a passion for feature-rich games that always includes random modifiers in the base game and a ladder with a number of bonus features with increasing win potential. GoodFeathers fits right into that category and comes on top with a perfectly executed theme.