Thundercats Reels of Thundera
The aliens turned humanoid cats are back and stronger than ever on the slot from Blueprint Gaming. Thundercats Reels of Thundera is the second game showcasing the heroes from the Thundercats animation series that was immensely popular in the late 80s followed by a revival in the 21st century. The six cat warriors have returned for a second reel adventure with a random feature frenzy in the base game and a whole array of bonus features. The overall win potential is limited at the Blueprint usual 250,000 credits or 10,000 times your bet, which ever you will reach first.
Thundercats Reels of Thundera is a video slot with five reels, three rows and 20 fixed pay lines. Wins are awarded for three to five matching symbols from left to right only. You can join the heroes on desktop or mobile from 0.10 to 200 credits per spin. The game has medium volatility with a slight trend towards high variance and an RTP of 95.73%
The Japanese DNA shines through the design and artwork with a scorching lava scene in the background and the six cat humanoids – Lion-O, Wily Kat, Wily Kit, Cheetara, Panthro and Tygra – making regular appearances to award their reel modifiers in support of your reel battle for big wins. A fast-paced electronic soundtrack underlines the action-themed genre.
A total of nine regular pay symbols populate the reels, starting with the card royals from J to A at the low end. They continue at the high level with hover boards, futuristic nunchaku sets, the Sword of Omen and space crafts called ThunderTanks. The slot logo is the top symbol with 50x your stake for a five of a kind. A blazing lava icon marked with the word itself is the wild symbol substituting for all regular pay symbols and paying the same win as the Thundercats slot logo. There are also scatters on the reels with three needed to trigger the bonus game selector.
Thundercats Reel of Thundera Random Slot Features
Expect a flurry of random features in the base game as Blueprint has again added one for each of the six cat superheroes. Awaken the Eye of Thundera can trigger at the start on any spin and activate one of the characters to apply his/her reel modifier.
- Lion-O – Extra Wilds: Random wilds will be added to the reels.
- Tygra – Wild Reels and Retrigger: He will randomly turn reels wild. The feature retriggers should a win occur.
- Panthro – Synced Reels: Two to five reels will be synced revealing matching symbols when they stop.
- Cheetara – Symbol Shuffle: Sprints over the reels, reshuffling symbols to create winning combos, up to 5x on each trigger.
- Wily Kit and Wily Kat – Mystery Symbols: adds mystery symbols to the reels which will unveil matching symbols.
- Snarf – Extra Scatters: adds scatters to the reels, increasing the change to trigger the bonus feature selector.
There are a further four randomly triggered features that are not connected to the characters, which will trigger only after a losing spin. You will benefit then from symbol upgrades or removals and guaranteed 5OAK wins.
Thundercats Reel of Thundera Bonus Features
While the random features will keep you entertained in the base game, the main win potential on the slot is in the bonus features. No less than six of them can be found on the Reel of Thundera bonus wheel. Hit minimum three scatters to see the reels replaced with a giant horizontal reel divided into six segments, each displaying one of the six features.
The features have an increasing win potential and any lower-value feature can be gambled to try and win a better one. However, you can also land then on a consolation prize of 10x to 20x your total bet. We list them below in ascending order of their win potential. The top feature will be awarded should you hit five scatters on the triggering spin.
- Sight Beyond Sight Pick-Me Bonus Game: Make one pick at time from three Eyes of Thundera to unveil Lion-O for cash prizes, Thundercats Logo for multiplier upgrades, ThunderTank to win another bonus or Mumm-Ra that will end the feature. Collecting three Thundertanks will award one of the other five bonus features.
- The Black Pyramid Pick-Me Bonus Game: Aim to reach the top of the pyramid by making one pick at a time from three icons and unveil Lion-O that will move you along the pyramid, Thundercats logo for a prize upgrade or Mumm-Ra that will end the feature. Land on an arrow as you move along to climb up on the pyramid. Reaching the top will award one of the other five features.
- The Ever-Living Free Spins Feature: You’ll get 10 free spins which can be retriggered once. A horizontal reel appears on top spinning win multipliers from x2 to x5 into view on each spin. Retrigger the feature by landing at least two Mumm-Ra symbols with the multiplier reel no awarding win multipliers from x6 to x10.
- Hear The Roar Free Spins Feature: Again, 10 free spins are awarded. Any Lion-O symbol landing will upgrade up to four other symbols in total for extra win potential. Pick on Eye of Thundera after the last free spin to either win more free spins or end the feature.
- Thundercats Hooo! Free Spins Feature: 10 free spins are awared with all wilds landing turning in to sticky wilds. Fill an entire reel to win five extra free spins.
- Ancient Spirits of Evil Pick-Me Bonus Game and Ultimate Thunder Bonus Multiplier: The game leads to another screen displaying a giant wheel with four levels holding coin wins or arrows to advance you to the next level. Pick one icon at a time to unveil Lion-O who will spin the wheel, Thundercats logos to advance instantly to the next level, Red Arrows which will add more arrows to the active wheel, Upgrade which will increase the bet multipliers on the current and following wheels or Mumm-Ra which will end the feature. Any collected bet multiplier will be replaced with an arrow and you can pick another icon. You will be awarded the Ultimate Thunder Bonus should you make it to the centre section of the wheel. You will get one spin to win a multiplier for your entire winnings from the bonus game.
Well, this is yet another feature-rich slot from Blueprint Gaming that will please those players who are looking for lots of action and entertainment in their sessions. The overall win potential is medium at best in the base game and the lower-value features. For mega wins you will need to make it to the top feature and then get a high multiplier in the final round.