Fate of Fortune
- Game provider
- ELK Studios
- Fate of Fortune
- Feature Buy
- Game type
- Video Slots
- Mobile version
- Grid slot
- Sticky wilds
- Free spins
- Bonus game
- Progressive jackpot
- Min. bet
- Random Feature
- Max. bet
- Maximum win
- Last update
- August 2, 2021
Delve deep into Norse lands for an encounter with three celestial guardians on the slot from Elk Studios. Fate of Fortune is taking you into a mystical world across an unusual reel set with wild substitutions, mystery symbols, four Fortune’s Favour modifiers and a free spins round with progressive multipliers and nudging mystery symbols that can lead to wins of up to 10,000 times your bet.
Recommended Casinos to play Fate of Fortune
Fate of Fortune is a 5–reel slot with a 5-3-1-3-5 format and 81 connecting pay lines. Wins are awarded both ways for three to five matching symbols landing on a line from left to right and from right to left. Available on desktop, tablet and mobile, you can bet from 0.20 to 100 credits per spin. The game has high volatility (8/10) with an RTP of 95% and a hit rate of roughly 1:4 spins. Using the X-iter options has no effect on the RTP.
A mystical scenery is opening up when you load the game, with remnants of a spiritual temple and a massive statue of a celestial guardian in the background. Three flamboyant guardians dominate on the unusual reel set to a suspenseful soundtrack. The crystal ball at the bottom of the reels will activate intermittently to reveal your destiny for the current spin.
The pay symbols start at the low end with card royals Q, K and A, awarding 0.5x to 0.7x your bet for a single five of a kind. They are followed by three ladies with a matching background – green, blue and red. Hit five on a line to win 1x to 2x your stake. A golden icon marked with a purple ‘W’ is the standard wild while one marked with a blue ‘W’ is an expanding wild. Both substitute for all regular pay symbols. A question mark symbol is the mystery symbol while a golden statuette marked with ‘Bonus’ acts as the scatter.
Fate of Fortune Slot Features
Immerse yourself into a world of mythical guardians and crystal balls on this masterful creation from Elk Studios. After the flamboyant Night Trax, the Swedish developer is taking us on a spiritual reel voyage that is packed to the brim with mystery symbols, modifiers, multipliers and unlimited free spins. Let’s take a look into the crystal ball to see what the destiny on Fate of Fortune holds.
Expanding Wilds can land in the base game and free spins on reels two and/or four only. Each will expand to the outer reel, basically guaranteeing a win due to the pay-both-ways mechanic. However, the expanding wilds are not sticky and will disappear once the next game round starts.
In turn, Mystery Symbols can appear on all reels except the third. They can land at any time in the base game, free spins or during respins. Once the dust settles, they will reveal a common pay symbol. However, they cannot unveil wilds or scatters.
The crystal ball in the bottom centre can activate at the start of any spin in the base game or free spins to trigger various Fortune’s Favour modifiers. They will be applied to the current spin only. Here’s what each of the modifiers will do.
- Lady Swap: All Lady symbols landing on the current spin will be transformed into the chosen Lady symbol.
- Multiplier: Any win landing on the current spin will be multiplied by a random factor between x2 to x50.
- Walking Wild: A Wild is placed on reel three, triggering a respin after any initial wins are paid. The wild will split into two and move by one reel in either direction on every respin until they drop off on the side. More Fortune’s Favour modifiers can trigger during the respins.
- Locked Wild: A wild is placed on reel three and respins awarded until a win is hit. For each respin, the win multiplier increases by x2. Lady Swap and Multiplier modifiers can be awarded during the respins.
Hitting three or four scatters anywhere on reels one, two, four and five will trigger the Free Spins feature with no set amount of free spins. At the start of the feature, a Mystery Symbol stack is placed on the top position of a random reel except the third and a starting multiplier of x1 awarded. Triggering the feature with four scatters will get you Mystery Symbols stacks on two reels. More can land in any position during the feature.
The Mystery Symbol stacks will move down by one position after every spin except when Fortune’s Favour respins are activated. In that case, they remain in position until respins end. All mystery symbols in view will again reveal a common pay symbol on each stop. Simultaneously, the win multiplier will increase by x1 for every free spin but not during respins. All Fortune’s Favour modifiers can trigger during the feature. Multipliers from the modifier will be multiplied by the current win multiplier. The round ends when the last mystery symbol icon has dropped off at the bottom of the reels.
Elk Studios included again the X-iter Modes for jurisdictions where feature buys are not restricted, offering players direct access to a variety of scenarios and features. On Fate of Fortune, a total of five X-iter Modes are available for a one-time bet between 5x and 500x the default stake. The RTP for all X-iter Modes remains unchanged at 95%. Click on the X-iter icon on the left (desktop) to have the options displayed.
- Win Spin – 5x bet: The following spin is guaranteed to land a winning combination, although it might not cover the bet amount.
- 100% Fortune’s Favour – 50x bet: Three consecutive spins with a guaranteed Fortune’s Favour modifier on every spin.
- Bonus Buy – 100x bet: Initiates a spin that will guarantee to land at least three scatters and trigger the standard Free Spins feature.
- Big Bonus Buy – 200x bet: Initiates a spin that will guarantee to land at least three scatters and trigger the Free Spins feature with an x5 starting multiplier.
- Super Bonus Buy – 500x bet: Initiates a spin that will land at least three scatters and trigger the Free Spins feature with a guaranteed Fortune’s Favour modifier on every free spin.
Elk Studios sure knows how to mix things up, lest it might get boring to see the same formats again and again. After the futuristic Night Trax with its unravelling pay mechanics, they delved into crystal balls and out-of-the-ordinary reel sets on Fate of Fortune. The game itself plays well with frequent enough modifier triggers in the base game to avoid boredom, although not all guarantee a win. The Free Spins might remind experienced players of Razor Shark from Push Gaming, meaning the feature can pack quite a punch.
Fate of Fortune – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 1. How much can I win on Fate of Fortune?
- 2. I am in the United Kingdom. Can I use the X-iter modes to buy features?
- 3. Is Fate of Fortune supplied with RTP ranges?