Wanted: Dead or a Wild
- Game provider
- Hacksaw Gaming
- Wanted: Dead or a Wild
- Feature Buy
- Game type
- Video Slots
- Mobile version
- Grid slot
- Sticky wilds
- Free spins
- Bonus game
- Progressive jackpot
- Min. bet
- Random Feature
- Max. bet
- Maximum win
- Last update
- October 6, 2021
Yeehaw! Get ready for a rough ride across the Wild West on the slot from Hacksaw Gaming: Wanted: Dead or a Wild is taking you on a volatile reel adventure across a 5×5 grid with wild substitutions, expanding wilds with multipliers of up to x100 and three bonus features with outlaw duels, collectable wilds and train robberies that can lead to wins of up to 12,500 times your bet.
Recommended Casinos to play Hacksaw Gaming Slots
Wanted: Dead or a Wild is a 5×5 video slot with 15 fixed pay lines. Wins are awarded for landing three to five matching symbols on a line from left to right only. Available on desktop, tablet and mobile, you can bet from 0.20 to 100 credits per spin. The game has high volatility with a default RTP of 96.38%. Beware, the game can be offered with lower RTP settings at 94.55%, 92.33% or 88.42% whereas the latter will be mostly found at online casinos in the German market.
An abstract painting on a rough canvass depicting the setting sun serves as the background to the wooden game frame. The scenery is changing during the bonus features to match the type of free spins. Symbols on the reels include the usual items associated with the Wild West such as whiskey bottles and colt cylinders while a lively acoustic soundtrack provides the main audio.
The pay symbols start at the low end with playing cards from 10 through to A, awarding across the board 1x your bet for a single five of a kind. They are followed by longhorn skulls, a masked outlaw, dollar bags, whiskey bottles and colt cylinders. Hit five on a line to win 5x to 20x your stake.
A sheriff badge marked with the word itself is the standard wild while a VS icon acts as an expanding wild. The game has three scatters – The Great Train Robbery, Duel and Dead – each triggering its own bonus feature when minimum three land.
Wanted: Dead or a Wild Slot Features
Hacksaw Gaming is joining the long list of developers to release a Wild West-themed slot with sticky wilds and multipliers, all trying to emulate the success of the legendary Dead or Alive slot and its sequel Dear or Alive II from NetEnt. However, it wouldn’t be Hacksaw Gaming if they wouldn’t include their own surprising twists to the gameplay to make sure their creation stands out from the rest. Reason enough to take a closer look.
The rather tame base game with a max payout for a single line peaking at 20x bet can instantly change when expanding VS Wilds land on any number of reels They will expand if the full-reel wilds become part of a winning combination and will pit two outlaws against each other in a deadly duel. Each is marked with a random win multiplier of x2, x3, x4, x5, x6, x7, x8, x9, x10, x20, x25, x50 or x100. The multiplier on the surviving outlaw is then applied to all wins the expanded wild is part of.
More than one VS Wild in view will launch an equal number of duels with all multipliers from the winning outlaws being added. Landing a VS Wild on all five reels would give you a full screen of expanded wilds. While an x100 multiplier on all five reels would result theoretically in a win of 150,000x, the payout will be capped at 12,500x your stake. Yeehaw!
The volatile Wild West reel ride is reaching its climax in three different bonus features. Whereas other developers offer players to choose their preferred free spins round, Hacksaw Gaming uses three different scatters one for each of the features. This might not be to everyone’s taste as the most volatile and potentially most lucrative feature might not trigger for a substantial amount of game rounds.
- The Great Train Robbery – Sticky Wilds: Land three or more scatters marked with the feature title to trigger 10 Free Spins which cannot be retriggered. Any wild landing will turn sticky for the duration of the round.
- Duel at Dawn – Expanding VS Wilds: Land three or more scatters marked with the word ‘Duel’ to get 10 Free Spins which cannot be retriggered. More VS symbols are added to the reels to trigger the duel with multipliers at a higher frequency
- Dead Man’s Hand – Collectable Wilds and Multipliers: Hit three or more scatters marked with the word ‘Duel’ to trigger a bonus game-style round first. Three respins are awarded on an empty grid to potentially land Wild and Multiplier icons, which will be collected in their respective displays with a max of 20 wilds and x31 multipliers. Any appearing will reset the respin counter to three. Once you run out of respins, you will get 3 Free Spins whereas on every spin all collected wilds are placed on random reel positions and wins are multiplied by the achieved factor.
For the impatient among us slotting folks, there is again a Buy Bonus button that will grant instant access to the three Free Spins features (restricted in some jurisdictions). It will cost you a one-time bet of 80x, 200x and 400x your stake for The Great Train Robbery, Duel at Dawn and Dead Man’s Hand features, respectively. Beware, they are all rather volatile.
Wanted: Dead or a Wild is more than a decent effort from Hacksaw Gaming, especially since you can hit the maximum win of 12,500x in the base game and in two of the three features. Visuals, animations and soundtrack are at the very least on par with the best, making their creation a very viable alternative to the other contenders in this slot niche. Yeehaw!
Wanted: Dead or a Wild – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 1. How much can I win on Wanted: Dead or A Wild?
- 1. Where can I find the RTP setting for Wanted: Dead or a Wild?
- 3. Where can I play Wanted: Dead or a Wild and other slots from Hacksaw Gaming?