- Game provider
- Hacksaw Gaming
- Warrior Ways
- Feature Buy
- Game type
- Video Slots
- Mobile version
- Grid slot
- Sticky wilds
- Free spins
- Bonus game
- Progressive jackpot
- Min. bet
- Random Feature
- Max. bet
- Maximum win
- Last update
- March 25, 2022
Prepare for battle as a futuristic Japanese warrior and fight to destroy opposing clans on the video slot by Hacksaw Gaming. Warrior Ways slices 1024 ways to win across 5 reels with warrior duels for symbol swaps and multiplied wins. Let destiny be your guide into two bonus games with wild substitutions. One, with a clash of warriors on every spin reinforced with extra spins and multipliers from a preliminary round, and the second, a free spin bonus where carving your enemy’s banners removes their symbols from the reels, leaving only one clan victorious with wins of up to 10,000 times your stake.
Recommended Casinos to Play Warrior Ways
Warrior Ways is a video slot with 5 reels, 4 rows and 1,024 ways to pay. Match three or more symbols on adjacent reels, starting from the leftmost for a win. You can join a warrior clan from 0.10 to 100 credits per spin. This game is highly volatile, with an RTP of 96.33%.
Hacksaw Gaming is a multi-model RTP developer and Warrior Ways will be chosen by some casinos in lower RTP versions of 94.xx%, 92.xx% and 88.xx%. The RTP version is listed in the game info upon loading the game.
Warrior Ways is set in a futuristic alternative reality of Japanese inspiration with four warrior clans waging war to control the city. Urban city landscapes and an underground station provide the canvasses for different game modes, bathed in purple and pink neon shades. The combination of moody graphics and atmospheric music creates an engaging and dramatic game.
The eight pay symbols are split between the four clan banners and their respective warriors. Red, blue, green and orange clan banners award 0.5x your bet for five of a kind. The clan warriors match their banners in colour as a red samurai, blue swordsman. green archer and orange spearman, awarding 1x your stake for matching five across the reels.
A golden mask represents the wild symbol, appearing during Clash and Conquest features only, to substitute all others in winning combinations. Land a single VS symbol on reels, 2, 3 or 4, between two warriors to trigger the Duel feature. Self-titled Clash and Conquest symbols will begin their respective features for landing three on the reels.
Warrior Ways Slot Features
Formed in 2018, Hacksaw Gaming focused on creating scratchcard games with mammoth potential and quirky designs. Naturally, their progression into video slots carried the same abstract style, focusing on simple gameplay, usually garnished with a unique and innovative core mechanic – reason enough for a closer look at any current release from the budding game developer.
Central to the gameplay of Warrior Ways is the Duel feature, triggered when a duel symbol lands between two opposing clan warriors. Each warrior is randomly assigned a multiplier of 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 10x, 25x, 50x or 100x. The screen changes to animate the duel and choose a winner at random. On returning to the reels, the loser’s symbols will be replaced with the winning clan warrior symbol in one of three ways:
- The winning clan’s warrior symbol will replace all the losing clan’s low-paying banner symbols.
- The winning clan’s warrior symbol will replace all the losing clan’s high-paying warrior symbols.
- The winning clan’s warrior symbol will replace all the losing clan’s banner and warrior symbols.
The VS symbol is replaced with the winning warrior symbol. Following this, any wins are calculated with the multiplier chosen at the start of the duel for the triumphant warrior.
Land three Clash symbols anywhere on the reels to trigger the Clash Feature. The bonus is divided into two game phases of Collect and Clash:
- Collect Phase: The reels change to feature blank positions, VS symbols and clan multiplier symbols. The phase begins with three spins and landing a VS or clan multiplier symbol will reset the spin count back to three. VS symbols can only appear on reel 3 and will award a free spin for the Clash phase. Clan multipliers can land on reels 1, 2, 4 and 5, with each reel relating to one of the clans. A third special symbol, the epic can multiplier symbol, can appear on reels three and will multiply all currently collected clan multiplier values by x2. The phase ends when the spin count is reduced to zero.
- Clash Phase: The number of collected VS symbols dictates the amount of free spins for the Clash phase. A Duel is guaranteed on each free spin. The collected multiplier values above each clans reel during the Collect phase will be attributed to the respective warrior for the Duel.
Hit three Conquest symbols anywhere on the reels to trigger ten Conquest Free Spins. When a clan warrior loses a duel on a spin, the losing clan banner will be damaged. Losing two duels will destroy the clan’s banner and remove that clan’s symbols from the reels for the remainder of the feature. Destroying a clan banner awards an extra spin along with any further Conquest symbols that land. Duels are not guaranteed for each spin during this bonus.
Where available, Warrior Ways comes with a Bonus Buy feature. You can buy direct access to the Clash or Conquest for an increased amount. The Clash feature costs 100x your stake and has a high volatility rating. Pay 400x your stake for direct access to the Conquest Free Spins, with a medium volatility rating.
Well, Hacksaw Gaming has done it again and produced a devilishly simple game, focusing on a single Duel mechanic to swap symbols and add multipliers for big wins. During a Clash collect phase, the aim is to gather as many free spins and clan multipliers as possible to increase your chances of big hits from winning Duels, guaranteed on every spin during the Clash. Destroy enough banners during a Conquest round, and your remaining spins could be winners all the way with only one clan’s symbols in play.
Warrior Ways has great graphics and cleverly built mechanics around waring clans and warrior battles. The game is typically Hacksaw – highly volatile and capable of smashing wins out the park with the right combinations that is sure to please the expanding army of fans.
Warrior Ways – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 1. Do the bonus games on the Warrior Ways slot from Hacksaw Gaming have different volatility ratings?
- 2. What other games can I play like Warrior Ways by Hacksaw Gaming?
- 3. On the Warrior Ways slot by Hacksaw Gaming, can the Clash or Conquest bonus games be retriggered?