Get to spin with the legendary rock star on the slot from NetEnt. Ozzy Osbourne Video Slots is a homage to the decade-long stage presence that has brought us blockbuster hits such as “Crazy Train”, “Mr Crowley” or “Mama, I’m Coming Home”. Just like Ozzy’s life, the game delivers an intense high-volatility reel ride with random and re-spin features as well as a Bonus Bet option and a free spins round that can lead to wins of up to 10,000 times your bet.
Ozzy Osbourne Video Slots is played on a 5×3 reel set with 20 fixed pay lines. Wins are awarded for three to five matching symbols on a line from left to right only. You can headbang to Ozzy’s hits on desktop or mobile from 0.20 to 50 credits per spin in default mode. Using the Bonus Bet will increase the betting range to 0.40 to 100 credits per round. The game has high volatility with a default RTP of 96.30%, rising to 96.67% with the Bonus Bet activated.
The pay symbols start at the low end with the card suits – spade, clubs, diamonds and hearts – each marked with an Ozzy-linked item – blue rose, cross, skull and raven respectively. Hitting five on a line will award 5x to 7.5x your default bet. The premiums are four Ozzy icons with blue, green, yellow and red backgrounds. A single five of a kind pays 12.5x to 50x your stake.
A flying bat marked with the word itself is the wild symbol, substituting for all regular symbol. As it can appear on all reels, a five of a kind will also pay 50x your bet. Taken from Ozzy’s “Crazy Train” hit song, a train engine acts as the scatter.
Ozzy Osbourne Video Slots Features
NetEnt went to great length to deliver a game that does justice to the legendary rock star. Dark, loud and intense for starters and then some electrifying features that keep us not only on the edge but will see us headbanging to some of the best Ozzy hits. And that is exactly what NetEnt has delivered. Tracks like “Crazy Train” or “Mr Crowley” will blare from the speakers as you spin the reels and trigger the respins or the free spins.
However, before you get to spin the reels you will need to decide whether to activate the Bonus Bet. It will double the cost per spin, e.g. from 2.00 to 4.00 credits, but it will significantly increase the respin and free spins triggers. Plus, the win multipliers in the features increase from x2 and x3 to x5 and x7.
Hitting two scatters will trigger a Respin and activate the Symbol Charge Up on top of the reels. Two displays will light up, each with a separate reel, to determine which symbol and what feature will be selected. First, the Symbol Spinner on the left will spin once to define which symbol will be selected followed by the Feature Spinner on the right to randomly determine which feature will be applied to the said symbol.
- Coin Win: Each symbol landing on the respin will award the amount for a 3-of-a-kind of the symbol which will be added to any potential line wins.
- Wild Transformation: All instances of the selected symbol will turn into wild symbols for the respin.
- Symbol Multiplier: Any wins with the selected symbol landing on the respin will be multiplied by the awarded multiplier – x2 or x3 with default bet and x5 or x7 with Bonus Bet.
- Symbol Upgrade: The selected symbol will be upgraded to the next higher symbol
The feature triggers quite frequently and each sequence is accompanied by intense lightning and blaring heavy metal music tracks. It gets even more intense during the Free Spins round as the Symbol Charge Up is activated on every free spin. Triggering the round can happen in three different ways – landing scatters on reels one, three and five; landing a scatter in the Symbol Spinner or randomly at the start of any spin in the base game.
The free spins are played with an enhanced version of the Symbol Charge Up that will have quite an impact on any potential winnings as the awarded features do not reset until the end of the bonus round. Triggering the free spins in default mode will award four free spins whereas having the Bonus Bet active will grant five free spins. While they cannot be retriggered as such, any scatter appearing in the Symbol Spinner will add +1 free spin, up to a maximum of seven free spins.
Two rocks, each with space for four pay symbols will appear on either side of the game window. Once a symbol appears in the Symbol Spinner it will light up on its position on the respective rock and next to it any features awarded. Only one feature will be applied to a symbol, e.g. if the first time a symbol upgrade is applied, it will be upgraded again if the same symbol lands a second time in the Symbol Spinner. Here’s how the features play out differently compared to the base game:
- Coin Win: No change. All marked symbols landing on any free spin will award the respective coin win until the end of the round.
- Wild Transformation: No change. The transformed symbols will stay wild until the end of the round.
- Symbol Multiplier: The multiplier can stop on the Feature Spinner twice for the same symbol. All awarded multipliers are added, e.g. an x3 multiplier on the first occurrence and an x2 on the second will result in an x5 multiplier for any wins with the respective symbol. The applied or accrued multipliers will stay active until the end of the round.
- Symbol Upgrade: The feature can be chained during the free spins when it is activated twice. E.g. if the Skull Diamonds are upgraded to Raven Hearts on the first occurrence and later the Cross Clubs selected for an upgrade, they transform instantly into the higher Raven Hearts symbols instead of Skull Diamonds. Any upgraded symbols will stay so until the end of the round.
Well, as expected ever since the slot was announced in January 2019, it is indeed an intense game that will keep you on the edge of your seat for most of your session. It is dark and loud with rocking features that each can lead to mega wins while some of the best Ozzy tracks blare from the speakers. For once, we have to commend NetEnt for delivering a truly awesome slot that is on par with the last outstanding creation Vikings.
While we are not big fans of Bonus Bets, on this occasion it made quite a difference as it triggered the Respin feature as well as the Free Spins more often by quite a margin compared to playing without. Maybe it was just the luck of the moment, but that was the impression we had in two hours of play.