- Game provider
- Reef Raider
- Feature Buy
- Game type
- Video Slots
- Mobile version
- Grid slot
- Sticky wilds
- Free spins
- Bonus game
- Progressive jackpot
- Min. bet
- Random Feature
- Max. bet
- Maximum win
- Last update
- June 25, 2021
Grab your snorkel and dive into the marine world of Reef Raider from NetEnt – their debut into cascading grid slots. Swim a highly volatile treasure trail of wilds, multipliers and mystery symbols plus a free spins bonus featuring a dynamic mystery symbol reveal, on desktop, tablet or mobile, with wins of up to 8500 times your bet.
Recommended Casinos to play Reef Raider
Reef Raider is a 7×7 cascading grid slot with cluster pays. Wins are paid for five or more matching symbols connected horizontally and/or vertically as clusters. You can follow the treasure trail from 0.20 credits to 100 credits per spin and this game is highly volatile with a default RTP of 96.10%. Reef Raider will also come with variable RTP’s around 94%, 92% and possibly lower for casinos to choose from. You can find out by checking the help file upon loading the game.
Four coloured seashells in blue, yellow, green and purple make up the low paying symbols, awarding between 0.05x to 0.4x your stake for clusters of five, through to 15x to 22.5x your stake for clusters of 25 or more symbols. The mid paying symbols are gems in green, orange, pink and red, awarding between 0.5x to 1x your bet for a cluster of five and 25x to 150x your bet for clusters of 25 or more symbols.
Map piece symbols can feature one at a time on the grid and carry multipliers of x2, x3, x5 or x50 and multiply adjacent cluster wins but do not form part of the winning cluster. Clam Wild symbols substitute for all symbols and form from a winning cluster of 3 or more regular symbols. A Treasure Trail Meter circles the grid with four modifiers that trigger Wild Coins, Anchors and Mystery Chest symbols, with unique effects, by completing steps.
Reef Raider Slot Features
Reef Raider is a debut in cascading grid slots for NetEnt. With its avalanche or tumbling symbols feature, the cascading, cluster-win mechanic has the potential for adrenalin building sequences, as seen on hugely popular titles such as Reactoonz and Jammin Jars. So, Reef Raider is no surprise and probably, a little overdue. Let’s see how it stacks up amongst the competition.
A basic cascading win sequence begins when five or more matching symbols connect, horizontally or vertically, they form a cluster that disappears from the grid, leaving vacant spaces. This removal of symbols starts an avalanche of more dropping from above into the free slots, creating the potential for more winning clusters. The process repeats until there are no more winning clusters and pays the tally of cluster wins at the end. With Reef Raider, when clusters disappear, a Clam Wild forms in place, on a random position left vacant by the win.
A Treasure Trail Meter surrounds the grid and a sand crab (complete with hook claw and pirate gear) walks one step of the trail for each Clam Wild removed from the play area. Every 3rd step triggers a modifier which queue when triggered in a single sequence and activate at the end of each avalanche in the order below. Complete the trail with 15 or more steps to win 9 free spins.
- Anchor Drop | Step 3: One to three sets of low paying symbols are destroyed by dropping Anchor symbols, creating space for an avalanche.
- Random Wilds | Step 6: Four to eight Wild Coin symbols appear randomly on the grid but will not cover Clam Wilds or Multipliers.
- Mystery Chest | Step 9: Places two to sixteen Mystery Chest symbols on the grid which reveal a matching symbol but cannot cover Clam Wilds, Multipliers or Mystery Chest Symbols. Red as standard and blue in the Mystery Overlay feature.
- Cannon Blast | Step 12: Chooses a symbol at random to remove all symbols in the same row and column, replacing the removed symbols with Coin Wilds at random. Again, this does not remove Clam Wilds, Multipliers or Mystery Chest Symbols.
- Free Spins | Step 15: Completing the trail awards the free spins at the end of your winning sequence. Every third additional charge will add two spins to the starting tally of 9.
A round of Reef Raider Free Spins starts by activating the Mystery Overlay feature. This takes the centre position of the grid and one symbol on either side, both horizontally and vertically, to form a + shape of Mystery Chest Symbols in blue. Each spin reveals the cluster of matching Mystery Symbols, plus any standard Mystery Chests that land next to the Mystery Overlay, will merge and expand the Mystery Overlay pattern by its position for the next spin. The Treasure Trail Meter features, in the same way, offering 15 free spins retriggers for completion, while the Mystery Overlay grows with each mystery symbol addition for each spin.
Reef Raider by Netent is a fun and feature-full debut into a sea of grid slots. There is nothing revolutionary about the four modifiers which work well to add spice into the base game, but the Mystery Overlay feature in the free spins brings an interesting twist on revealing mystery symbols; accumulate extra starting spins for a better chance of expanding the Mystery Overlay size for max paying clusters of 25 or more mystery reveals. Take heed – Reef Raider will be offered with variable RTP’s.
Reef Raider – Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What is the maximum win possible from a single cluster on Reef Raider from NetEnt?
- 2. Why are the symbols on the Reef Raider paytable called mid paying symbols when there are no high paying symbols?
- 3. Will Reef Raider from NetEnt be the same no matter which casino I play at?