Gorilla Go Wilder
Gary is back and the gorilla is going wilder than ever before on the slot from NextGen Gaming. The sequel to the immensely popular Gorilla Go Wild slot comes with even higher volatility, an expanding game window, a frenzy of features and bonus games, reel modifiers and a win potential of up to 37,500x your bet. That is surely reason enough to go wilder.
Gorilla Go Wilder is a video slot with five reels, three rows and 25 pay lines. In one of the feature, that will increase to 200 pay lines. Watch Gary going wilder on desktop or mobile from 0.30 to 75 credits per spin. The RTP of this high variance game is set in the region of 95%. Autoplay will allow you to set up 10, 25, 50 or 100 consecutive spins without interruption.
Graphics and Visuals
Good to see that NextGen Gaming has made the effort to equip the new slot with HD graphics and more elaborate animations as the original lacked somewhat in that respect. Gary decided to stay in his tropical paradise with palm trees and turquoise sea in the background. He is greeting players, as usual, standing on the left of the game window which is populated by monkeys, toucans and of course himself. The action on the reels is accompanied by a Caribbean calypso style soundtrack.
NextGen has stuck with the original set of pay symbols, starting at the low end with the card royals from 9 to A. They are followed by skunks, toucans, monkeys and gold coins on the high level. Gary the gorilla is the wild symbol, substituting for all symbols except scatters. He is also the top paying symbol with 50x your bet for a single five of kind.
The Shell Respins Feature
Brace for non-stop action on Gorilla Go Wilder as we take you through the vast array of features. Start in the base game with the Shell Respins which can be randomly triggered on a spin. One respin is awarded with only seashells and blanks on the reels. Any seashell landing will trigger another respin until no more appear or the entire grid with is filled with shells. Each will reveal a coin win when it stops on a reel. The more land the more valuable they will become. Payouts from the feature peak at 83.33x your bet.
Gary’s Gift Bonus Features and Free Spins
The main attraction on Gorilla Go Wilder is the progression through a number of bonus islands, each having an increasing win potential. To reach the final island will take quite some time and spins, so you will have to show some stamina to get through to the end.
Gary’s Gift can be triggered either randomly on any spin or with three to five scatter symbols, granting access to the Bonus Islands. The latter will also pay 4.16x, 8.33x and 83.33x your bet for three, four and five respectively. You will be able to play the free spins feature based on how many times you have triggered the Bonus Islands feature.
- First Bonus Island – Tiki Bar | Power Paytable feature: Available as default. The feature awards 10 free spins, which can be retriggered once for a maximum 20 free spins. All symbols, except the scatter, are paying according to the Power paytable. Three, four or five matching symbols will get you 1.6, 16.66 or 50 times your stake.
- Second Bonus Island – Crystal Cave | Mystery Crystal feature: Available from 4th trigger onwards. The feature awards 10 free spins, which can be retriggered once for a maximum 20 free spins. Mystery crystals can appear on all reels, revealing one common pay symbol once the reels have stopped.
- Third Bonus Island – Green Jungle | Expanding Wild feature: Available from 7th trigger onwards. The feature awards 10 free spins, which can be retriggered once for a maximum 20 free spins. Any gorilla wild landing on a free spin will expand to cover the entire reel.
- Fourth Bonus Island – Waterfall | Mega Stacks feature: Available from 10th trigger onwards. The feature awards 10 free spins, which can be retriggered once for a maximum 20 free spins. All pay symbols appear stacked for the duration of the round.
- Fifth Bonus Island – Volcano | Lava Lines feature: Available from 15th trigger onwards. The feature awards 10 free spins, which can be retriggered once for a maximum 20 free spins. Each free spin played on a reel set with 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 175 or 200 paylines, providing more chances to hit a win.
- Sixth Bonus Island – Spooky Jungle | Hidden Wilds feature: Available from 20th trigger onwards. The feature awards 10 free spins, which can be retriggered once for a maximum 20 free spins. On every free spin, a random number of pay symbols will turn into a wild symbol
- Seventh Bonus Island – Purple Jungle | Wandering Wilds feature: Available from 25th trigger onwards. The feature awards 10 free spins, which can be retriggered once for a maximum 20 free spins. On every free spin, two wandering wilds are added to random positions. If they land on the same spot, then any potential win is multiplied by x10.
- Eighth Bonus Island – Sunset Beach | Multiplier Zone feature: Available from 30th trigger onwards. The feature awards 10 free spins only but with a multiplier zone appearing on the reels. If you get a win passing through a multiplier zone with a 1×1 size, then a 25x multiplier is applied. This decreases the larger the multiplier zone appears in a free spin. Two to 15 positions will see the multipliers being gradually reduced from x20 to x5.
Caught your breath yet? There is a lot to go through on this slot and NextGen made sure they added an interesting twist to each of the rounds. Our favourite were the Lava Lines and the Multiplier Zone features as they seem to have the best potential to score the top wins on this slot. Gorilla Go Wilder is perfect for players who like progressing through an adventure-like track in their gameplay, but it might not be the right choice if you are looking for a quick punt only. Some patience is needed to get through the first islands before you reach those with the biggest win potential.