The Ace-High Gang is riding again, ready to raid the reels of the western-themed slot from Play’n GO. The three gunslingers are the main characters on a fast-paced game with no less than seven high-frequency bonus features, randomly selected by a colt’s cylinder. Get in on the reel heist and you could walk away with a reward of up to 2,500 times your bet.
Golden Colts is a video slot with five reels, four rows and 40 fixed pay lines. You can ride with the gang on mobile or desktop from 0.20 to 100 credits. The RTP of this medium variance game is set at 96.55%. The Autoplay function lets you set 10 to 100 consecutive spins without interruption.
Graphics and Visuals
Set in a Western town around the turn of the 20th century when electrical power started to become widespread, the reels are populated by the three gang members and the local sheriff. Dark clouds and lightning strikes create an eerie atmosphere that is emphasized by a suspenseful soundtrack.
The pay symbols start at the low end with the card royals from 9 through to A, followed by the female gunslinger, the poker player, the male gunslinger and the possessed sheriff. The wild symbols is a longhorn bull skull. Pays for a single five of a kind range from 1x to12,5x your stake. The scatter is a metallic skull with blue-lit eyes.
Golden Colts Bonus Games
Play’n GO fans might be in for a deja-vu moment has the bonus games seem to replicate those from the older Play’n GO creation Wild North. The frequency of the features is also similar and should hit on average once in 50 spins. Scatters on reel one, three and five will trigger the bonus game selector in the form of a colt cylinder. A total of seven bonus games are available with one being selected randomly on each trigger.
- Ace-high Gang: Three free spins are awarded with 4×4 mega symbols on reels two to five.
- Wild Bull: Three free spins are awarded with one or two wild reels.
- Law of the Wild: One free spin with the Sheriff symbol stacked on reels two to four. One re-spin is awarded when Sheriff symbols entirely cover reels two to four or when they create a 3×3 block. Sheriff symbols are sticky on the re-spin.
- Gunslingers: One free spin with a random multiplier between x5 and x30 applied to any win from the spin.
- Poker Play: One free spin with one large 2×2 Gambler symbol on a random reel position. If additional Gambler symbols appear, one re-spin is awarded. Gambler symbols are sticky wilds.
- Furies: One free spin with two large 2×2 Girl symbols on the front and rear reels. One or more re-spins may be awarded with sticky Girl symbols until you hit at least one winning combination.
- Most Wanted: A grid with 20 posters appears on screen. Select posters to reveal cash prizes, feature triggers or the end symbol. The game also ends when the Ace-High Gang and Wild Bull features are unveiled. After any other feature, the game returns to the grid to allow more picks.
Well, our verdict might be predictable for some at this point. The game is a straight clone of Wild North and in our view with worse graphics. It was released exclusively at Mr Green towards the end of 2018 and should be available network-wide from the end of February 2019. Since we are not big fans of clones, our verdict is not that superb either.
The game is not too bad as the high feature frequency keeps things interesting and hitting a few in a row can lead to a good balance booster. However, the top win of 2,500x the stake is incredibly hard to hit as it would need the Gunslingers feature to reveal an x30 multiplier and then a screen with high-value pay symbols to achieve that.