Glory and Britannia
Travel back to medieval Britain on the slot from Playtech, where King Arthur, Lady of the Lake, Robin Hood and Merlin are brought back to live with a range of side bets. Activating them will allow you to personalize your gaming experience with high-value symbol respins, win multipliers, stacked and enchanted symbols, wild reels, random wilds and extra free spins that can lead to wins of up to 2,500 times your stake.
Glory and Britannia is a video slot with five reels, three rows and 243 ways to win in the base game. This increases to four rows and 1.024 ways in the free spins. You can joust on the reels on desktop or mobile from 0.30 to 600 credits. And that is not a typo, high-rollers will certainly be pleased to see that kind of maximum bet. The RTP of this medium variance game is set at 95.94%. You can use the Autoplay function to set up 10 to 99 consecutive spins without interruption.
A typical British castle in the midst of lush greenery on a sunny day is the fitting background to an intricate game window. Each of the characters on top of the reels is associated with one of the side bets. Medieval items such as goblets, crowns and shield feature prominently on the reels. A lute soundtrack emphasizes the authentic medieval theme.
All pay symbols appear as single symbols only except when the respective side bet is activated. At the low end are the card royals from 9 to A, paying 0.66x to 2.5x your stake for a single five of a kind. They are followed in ascending order by medieval books, rings, goblets, crowns and shields. Pays for a 5OAK range from 3.33x to 16.66x your bet. A golden cross is the wild symbol, appearing on the three centre reels only, while scatters are the Cross of St. George.
Glory and Britannia Side Bet Shop
The game comes with seven side bets for random extra features that can be activated at any time in the base game and will stay active if the free spins feature is triggered on the spin. You can choose any number of extra features or none at all, the choice is yours. Each will cost an extra 33% of your base bet and will trigger randomly on any spin. For example, activating all seven side bets with a 3.00 bet will increase the total bet amount to 10 credits. More than one side bet feature can trigger on a single spin.
- Lady of the Lake – she can trigger 3 re-spins after any spin, during which all low-value symbols are removed from the reels.
- Templar Knight – triggers one respin with added stacks of treasure chests. Once the reels stop, all chests in view will reveal a randomly chosen common pay symbol. Wild and scatters cannot appear in a chest.
- Guinevere – triggers one respin and after any potential wins are paid, one random symbol from those in view is enchanted that will spread across the reels to potentially create more wins. Scatters or wilds cannot be enchanted.
- Merlin – triggers one respin and turns one, two or three reels wild.
- Duke of York – a multiplier of x2, x3 or x5 can be applied to your wins during the free spins feature only.
- King Arthur – will add a random number of free spins when the free spins feature is triggered, up to 20.
- Robin Hood – the legendary hero will fire arrows to transform up to 12 random symbols into wild symbols.
Glory and Britannia Free Spins Feature
Hitting three to five scatters will trigger 15 free spins and pay coin wins from 6.66x to 66.66x the total bet. Any side bet features that are active on the triggering spin will stay active throughout the feature. The free spins cannot be retriggered but the game window is increased to four rows and 1,024 ways to win.
The slot is a solid effort from industry giant Playtech with good graphics and engaging gameplay through the variable extra side bet features. I just found the extra cost to be too high as the features will not necessarily trigger since they are random. Can be once in 10 spins or none in 1,000 spins.