Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury
Enter the realm of the desert queen on the slot from Playtech, produced by in-house studio Origins. Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury is part of the Kingdoms Rise series of progressive jackpot slots, featuring two must-drop and one unlimited jackpot. The queen and her fantasy warriors will reward your courage with a respin feature, locked wilds and an in-game Token collection that can be used to buy extra features.
Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury is a video slot with five reels, three rows and 20 fixed pay lines. Wins are awarded for three to five matching symbols on a line from left to right. Dare to enter the treacherous desert on desktop or mobile from 0.10 to a massive 1,000 credits per spin. The game has medium volatility with an overall RTP of 96.23% of which 0.99% is contributing to the jackpots and 3% are reserved for the Kingdoms Rise Tokens.
A dusty desert scene blurring the sunlight will open up when you load the game with the queen’s temple in the background of the majestic looking game window. The queen herself and the four protagonists are placed on top of the reels, triggering the features when the required symbols land on a spin. A suspenseful, almost heroic, soundtrack accompanies the action on the reels.
The pay symbols start at the low end with four gems in turquoise, blue, purple and pink colours, awarding 0.8x to 1.x your bet for a single five of a kind. They are followed by the five characters – lizard warrior, sorcerer, archeress, swordman and the queen herself. Hit five on a line to win 3x to 7.5x your stake.
There are no scatters on the reels but all character symbols can transform into a wild symbol when they trigger the respin feature. Five wilds on a pay line will award 12.5x your bet.
Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury Slot Features
Central to the action on the reels and key to hitting big wins other than the jackpots are the character wilds and the horizontal extra reel on top of the game window. Each character is position above on reel which contains four possible outcomes that can activate or deactivate features.
To start it all off you will need a character wild to land on its reel while a triggering icon except the chain lands on top. The chain symbol itself will end an active feature while more can trigger when one is in progress.
- Coats of Arms: The corresponding character wild on the same reel is locked in place for the next spin. Landing the coats of arms again will extend the feature. Any other matching character wild appearing on any reel will be locked as well as long as the feature is active.
- Character: All matching character symbols in view will instantly turn into sticky character wilds.
- 5 Respins: Five free respins are awarded with all character wilds appearing on any respin turning into a sticky character wild. The counter for the respins is displayed in the window of the triggering character.
Any combination of the above feature can be active at any one time. One can deactivate and restart in the same sequence while the respins can be indefinitely retriggered. Worth noting is that only the 5 Respins feature is free, all other rounds are paid spins.
With the launch of the Kingdoms Rise series, Playtech is introducing an in-game Token rewards system that comes at no extra cost as such but 3% of the RTP are attributed to it. Gold coin tokens can appear attached to any pay symbol and will be added to your personal Token balance. You can use them in the Kingdoms Rise Shop to buy a feature on any slots from the series. On Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury, you have a choice of two features, each with its own cost. You can head to the shop any time to exchange your tokens.
The Wild Beast Respin feature is available from 500 tokes upwards. A beast will appear on the screen and will walk from right to left, hitting the reels and turning random positions into corresponding sticky character wilds. The number of character wilds depends on the amount of tokens used:
- 500 tokens: Gets you five respins with one locked character wild on reels four and five
- 1,000 tokens: Gets you five respins with two sticky character wilds in random positions
- 2,000 tokens: Gets you five respins with three to five locked character wilds.
The Queen’s Ritual Bonus can be purchased from 300 tokens upwards. It is a pick-and-click bonus game where you can win cash prizes, multipliers and extra picks.
- 300 tokens: you get 3 picks with cash prizes to be revealed only
- 750 tokens: you get 4 initial picks with cash prizes, extra picks and one multiplier prize hidden
- 1,500 tokens: you get 5 picks with cash prizes, extra picks and two multipliers hidden
Last but not least, and for some players the most important part, are the three progressive Kingdoms Rise jackpots. These are localized jackpots specific to a single casino or all brands of a casino group. A percentage of 0.99% of each bet contributes to the three jackpots. They can trigger randomly after any spin with the chances of winning one being directly relative to your bet size.
- Daily Strike Jackpot – must be won each day by the date and time shown
- Power Strike Jackpot – must be hit before it reaches a monetary threshold
- Epic Jackpot – unlimited jackpot which can be hit at any time
We reviewed Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury straight after its sibling Forbidden Forest and we got close to liking it better. It is slightly pacier without much interruptions from the feature as it carries on at the same speed. We could only estimate the overall win potential (other than the progressives) and settled for 1,000x bet. A full screen of character wilds will pay 250x bet, the wins of getting there and maybe a respin left after the screen has filled up should get you to the 1,000x mark or maybe slightly over it.