The Walking Dead
- Game provider
- The Walking Dead Online Slot
- Feature Buy
- Game type
- Video Slots
- Mobile version
- Grid slot
- Sticky wilds
- Free spins
- Bonus game
- Progressive jackpot
- Min. bet
- Random Feature
- Max. bet
- Maximum win
- Last update
- December 7, 2021
Fight side by side for survival with Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Carol and Negan in the wake of the zombie apocalypse on The Walking Dead Online Slot from Playtech subsidiary Origins. Immerse yourself in key locations and historical moments from the epic storyline with wild substitutions and one of six bonus games.
Defend Alexandria from the Horde, or battle the Saviors, Whisperers and Wild Walkers with stacked walking wilds and coins, expanding symbols, multipliers, unique reel sets and symbol transforms. Blockade the Tower for a hold and respin game with instant wins and one of four fixed jackpot prizes, which can be won over and over again, for wins of up to 2000x your bet.
Recommended Casinos to Play The Walking Dead
The Walking Dead is an online slot with 5 reels, 3 rows and 50 pay lines. Wins are awarded for matching three or more symbols on a line starting from the leftmost reel moving right. You can experience critical events from the series on the reels from 0.10 credits up to 500 credits per spin. This game is highly volatile, with an RTP of 95.73%.
Atmospheric music creates tension against a background setting of one of the storyline colonies, Alexandria. Some of the most popular characters represent the pay symbols and the game will be instantly recognisable for fans of the series. Famous quotes accompany game events such as ‘easy peasy, lemon squeezy’ from Negan or Daryl declaring ‘we fight for our future, we don’t fight for revenge’. The five free games feature a unique background befitting each storyline theme.
The pay symbols start at the low end with J, Q, K and A, which pay 1x or 1.5x your stake for five of a kind. Characters from the series complete the lineup with Negan, Michonne, Daryl, Carol and Rick, which pay 2x or 3x your stake for five of a kind.
A hand with the word ‘wild’ acts as the wild symbol, which substitutes all others except for coins or free games scatters. Three riot shields titled ‘free games’ represent the scatter symbols that award the free games selector for landing three or more anywhere on the reels. Coins appear with a cash prize, a key or a biohazard sign to trigger a hold ‘n’ respin feature for landing six or more in any position.
The Walking Dead Slot Features
The Walking Dead is a hugely popular tv series screened in 125 countries with more than 200 million fans. Based on the comic books by Robert Kirkman, with artwork from Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard, the story follows the lead character Rick Grimes in the wake of a zombie apocalypse and was converted for tv by AMC in 2010.
More than a decade later, two series spin-offs, Fear The Walking Dead and The Walking Dead: World Beyond, have aired, and three feature films plus another series are currently in the making. So without further delay, let’s get up close and personal to see what kind of bite Playtech Origins add to a long overdue and highly anticipated video slot conversion.
A basic spin will see players collecting wins while hunting for three or more scatters or six or more coins to trigger one of two bonus features. Land six coins on the reels in any position to trigger The Tower Hold and Respin Feature. The round begins with a count of 3 respins on a 5×10 towered reel format. The triggering coins are held in place and the reels feature only blanks or coin symbols. If no coins land on a respin, the count is reduced by one. Coins that land will hold and reset the respin count to three. The round will end when the count is reduced to zero or the tower is filled with coin symbols.
Every two coin symbols with a key will unlock a new level. Unlock level 7 for an x2 multiplier of coin wins locked on that level. Unlock level 8 for an x5 multiplier of coin wins on that level. Unlock level 9 to convert all coins that lock on that level into biohazard coins. At the end of the feature, all biohazard coins flip to reveal one of four jackpot prizes:
- Mini: Awards 20x your bet.
- Minor: Awards 50x your bet.
- Major: Awards 200x your bet.
- Grand: Awards 1000x your bet.
Biohazard coin jackpots can be won multiple times and are not affected by the level 7 and 8 multipliers. At the end of the bonus, the sum of all coin wins and jackpot amounts are paid.
Land three or more bonus scatter symbols to trigger The Walking Dead Free Games. The round begins with a slider that randomly awards one of five bonus rounds with six free games named after famous events or stories from The Walking Dead timeline:
- The Horde Free Games: Reels 2, 3 and 4 are highlighted and coin or wild symbols that land in the area will expand to fill the reel.
- Saviors Free Games: Reels 2, 3 and 4 are highlighted and coin or wild symbols that land in the area gain a multiplier. More than one multiplier on a payline will add together before being applied to any wins.
- Alexandria Respins: Any full stack of coin symbols that lands will begin a walking respin feature. The stack moves one reel to its left on each respin before exiting the reels. This offers an increased opportunity of landing a further three coins to trigger The Tower Hold and Respin game. The respin does not reduce the free games spin count.
- The Whisperers Free Games: Three reels from the five are chosen at random and contain wild and coin symbols only.
- Wild Walkers Respins: Any full stack of wild symbols will begin a walking respin feature. The stack moves one reel to its left on each respin before exiting the reels. Any coin symbols that land will transform into wilds.
The Walking Dead video slot is a must for fans and is jam-packed with diversity. Each of the Free Games engages players with a bit of variety and some basic twists. Themed around key events from The Walking Dead storyline and complemented with unique backgrounds and some of the best lines from the tv series, Playtech Origins have mastered a game worthy of the title.
Just six free spins when triggering the bonus is a bit lean, but most will increase the opportunity to trigger The Tower Hold and Respin game within. A minimum 0.10 credit stake allows low-rollers to immerse themselves in the reel apocalypse. Though slightly under the magic 96% preferred RTP threshold, a single version makes playing the game at any casino hassle-free.
The Walking Dead – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 1. Can the Free Games be retriggered on The Walking Dead Video Slot from Playtech Origins?
- 2. Can The Tower Hold and Respin Feature be triggered during a Free Games round on The Walking Dead from Playtech Origins?
- 3. Will The Walking Dead Video Slot be the same game no matter where I play?