Hercules & Pegasus
Come face to face with two iconic figures from Roman and Greek mythology on the slot from Pragmatic Play. Hercules & Pegasus will take you to a heavenly realm where the young Roman hero with immense strength is joining forces with the divine winged horse. Hercules is actually the pendant to the Greek hero Heracles, the son of Zeus and Alcmene but the Roman name has established itself in our minds and culture. Zeus will also make an appearance in one of the features, which further moves the needle towards Greek mythology.
Either way, an otherworldly reel ride awaits with wild substitutions, four random features and two free spins mode that can lead wins of up to 2,000 times your stake on a single spin.
Hercules and Pegasus is a video slot with five reels, three rows and 20 fixed pay lines. Wins are for two to five matching symbols on a line from left to right only. You can ascend to the otherworldy realm on desktop, tablet or mobile from 0.20 to 100 credits per spin. The game has medium volatility (3.5/5) with an RTP of 96.50%.
The heavenly realm floating on top of mountain peaks is in the background of an intricately ornamented game window. Ancient icons together with the two main figures populate the reels while a heroic orchestra pice keeps things lively at all times. It goes into dramatic crescendos on teaser spins and big wins.
The pay symbols start at the low end with the card royals from 10 through to A, awarding 2.5x to 5x your stake for a single five of a kind. They are followed by amphores, harps, Parthenons and the slot logo at the high level., Hit five on a line to win 10x to 20x your stake.
An icon with Hercules and Pegasus marked with the word itself is the wild symbol, substituting for all regular pay symbols and awarding 25x your bet when five land on a line. The game has three scatters, A golden lightning bolt appears on reels one and three while Hercules as well as Pegasus scatters can land on reel five only.
Hercules & Pegasus Slot Features
Whoever thought that The Great Chicken Escape would be the only Pragmatic Play venture into feature-rich slots a lat Blueprint has just been proven wrong. I am one of them. There are no less than four random features and three free spins modes on this game. As always, we will try to put it all into chronological order.
First up are the four random features. They can trigger at the start of any spin in the base game and will see Hercules crisscrossing the screen on the back of Pegasus. They will leave three winged scrolls in their wake from which you can make one pick to reveal which feature you have won.
- Hercules Wilds: A number of Hercules Wilds are added in random positions on the reels. There is also a chance that the feature will be retriggered
- Pegasus Wilds: A number of Pegasus Wilds are added in random positions with the chance that an x2 multiplier is awarded.
- Bolts of Zeus: Stacked Zeus symbols are added to the reels and any landing in view will unveil a common symbol except wilds and scatters.
- Bonus: One of the three free spins mode will be triggered.
The three free spins mode are triggered by landing specific combinations of scatters on the reels. All three need golden lightning bolt scatters on reels one and three while the type of scatters landing on reel five will determine which round has been won. Each has unlimited free spins with a specific symbol that will end the round. Alternatively, the feature can be triggered via the random scrolls.
- Hercules Scatter on reel 5 – Hercules Free Spins: Unlimited free spins with a fire-red potion vial being added to reel five. Every time it lands, the game will insert more Hercules to the reels. The round ends when the vial appears the fifth time.
- Pegasus Scatter on reel 5 – Pegasus Free Spins: Unlimited free spins with a blue potion vial being added to reel five. Every time it lands, the win multiplier increases by x1. The round ends when the vial appears the fifth time and the multiplier reaches x5.
- Hercules and Pegasus Scatter on reel 5 – Hercules & Pegasus Free Spins: Unlimited free spins with a fire-red and a blue potion vial being added to reel five, combining the modifiers from the first two rounds. The feature ends when either of the potion vials lands a fifth time.
Well, yet again I cannot fault Pragmatic Play on the visual presentation but have to express my slight displeasure with the generic feature. They all have been used ad absurdum by them and other studios, which makes the gameplay unsurprising. But it will be good to have for a few spins in any session as the overall win potential is acceptable.