- Game provider
- Push Gaming
- Booty Bay
- Feature Buy
- Game type
- Video Slots
- Mobile version
- Grid slot
- Sticky wilds
- Free spins
- Bonus game
- Progressive jackpot
- Min. bet
- Random Feature
- Max. bet
- Maximum win
- Last update
- July 11, 2021
Avast Ye! Join the band of misfits as they are about to set sail on the slot from Push Gaming. The destination is Booty Bay, a tropical cove full of plundered treasures hidden across a sandy 5×5 grid. The volatile reel quest comes with a Hotzone, respins with progressive multipliers and locking wilds, a Swirling Rapids modifier as well as a Treasure Map bonus game that can lead to wins of up to 20,000 times your bet.
Recommended Casinos to play Booty Bay
Booty Bay is a grid slot in a 5×5 format with cluster pays. Wins are awarded for clusters of six or more matching symbols landing horizontally and vertically adjacent. You can become a reel pirate on desktop, tablet or mobile from 0.10 to 100 credits per spin. The game has high volatility with an RTP of 96.41%.
The bay itself makes the setting for Booty bay, drawn in a manga-marker cartoon effect, composed well and colour matched to meet the expected standards from Push Gaming. A skin drums beat combines with panpipes for the melancholy soundtrack and sound effects familiar to Dinopolis and Jammin Jars will spike a player’s attention, whose versed in those titles. The Booty Wild Chests are shiny in the Hotzone and fade, gathering seaweed when outside and feature symbols slam the reels in a golden blaze; Booty Bay is a treat for the senses.
The pay symbols begin with the low paying gold, silver and bronze coins which award 2.5x your stake for 18+ symbols in a cluster. Next come the spyglass, compass and tankard, which pay 5x your bet for clusters of 18 or more symbols. A male and female pirate plus the Captain complete the line-up awarding up to 50x your bet for 18 or more symbols in a cluster. Wild symbols are golden chests named Booty Wilds; central to the gameplay, these substitute for all symbols except for the Treasure Map (scroll), Swirling Rapids (waterfall cave) and Locked Wilds (locked cave) symbols, which trigger features upon landing.
Booty Bay Slot Features
Often, online slots without a definitive bonus round, or, as the school of 2021 tend to offer, a super bonus, tend to fall down somewhere along the way with limited success. Push Gaming runs this risk with Booty Bay, which has no separate free spins round or core bonus to hunt. Instead, Booty Bay combines simple yet proven features around Booty Wilds and a Hotzone. Let’s follow the map and see what booty Push Gaming has buried.
The Booty Wilds and Hotzone form the foundation of feature play on Booty Bay. Booty Wilds substitute for all symbols and carry a progressive multiplier when inside the Hotzone. The Hotzone is a 3×3 area of sand in the centre of the 7×7 grid and when Booty Wilds feature, they activate unlimited respins while they remain within. The Booty Wilds walk one position and increase their progressive multiplier with each spin whilst inside the Hotzone. The method continues until Booty Wilds move out of the Hotzone or another feature comes into play.
Adding to this core are Treasure Map, Swirling Rapids and Locking Wild features, each with their own symbols that activate upon landing in addition to a further Triple Locking Wild Feature:
- Treasure Map Feature: Landing the Treasure Map symbol will trigger a ‘pick me’ bonus of 6 coins on a map. Your selection can reveal instant win bet multipliers between 1x to a jaw-dropping 5000x your stake, a Locking Wild or Swirling Rapid symbol, or a Booty Wild added to the same position as the scroll.
- Swirling Rapids Feature: Landing the Swirling Rapids symbol triggers a respin dragging any unlocked Booty Wilds to random Hotzone positions and increase their multiplier by one. This then leads to the fundamental Hoztone and Booty Wild combination respin sequence.
- Locking Wilds Feature: Land the Locking Wilds symbol to begin 3 respins locking any Booty Wilds in the Hotzone in place. External Booty Wilds are not locked and a respin sequence begins with any further Booty Wilds landing also becoming locked for the remainder of the feature and locked wilds increase their multipliers by one for each remaining respin. At the end of the sequence, the Booty Wilds are set free and continue with the Hotzone and Booty Wilds respin mechanic, as normal.
- Triple Locking Wild Feature: Landing three Booty Wilds on the reels will trigger the Triple Locking Wild feature which cannot retrigger during a single bet round. Any Hotzone Booty Wilds are locked and gain a +1 multiplier to their values for each respin. Any further wilds landing in the Hotzone also lock for the remainder of the feature. In a further add-on, landing a Locking Wild symbol will reset the respin count to 3. At the end of the sequence, the locking wilds are released to continue the standard gameplay.
Booty Bay combines good depth and trigger frequency of features to give the game a ‘total’ feel instead of the conventional split between base game and bonus, seen in most games. The potential mix of features during a single sequence is tantalising and carries a hint of Jammin Jars with the walking chests and their progressive multipliers but with a smaller focus and a bit more tease. Booty Bay makes for a busy game and is outstanding in all areas; its lack of a definitive bonus is well and truly redeemed, by the desire for a dream combination of features.
Booty Bay – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 1. Does Booty Bay have a single RTP setting?
- 2. Can I activate all the features of Booty Bay in a single spin sequence?
- 3. Can I have 3 wild progressive multipliers grouped, like with Jammin Jars, in Booty Bay from Push Gaming?