A journey through the prehistoric era awaits on the slot from Relax Gaming. Those were the times when life meant hanging out in a cave, taking a dip in a cold lake and go on a hunt for the next meal. How simple it may look to us today, it surely wasn’t the case for our prehistoric ancestors to survive the treacherous wilderness.
On this slot, Caveman Bob is expecting your arrival at this favourite places with a flurry of random features and wild modifiers that can lead to wins of up to 500 times your bet on a spin or respin.
Caveman Bob is a video slot with five reels, three rows and 20 fixed pay lines. Wins are awarded for three to five matching symbols from left to right only. You can travel back in time on desktop, mobile and table from 0.20 to 100 credits per spin. The RTP of this medium variance slot is set at 96.49%.
Graphics and Visuals
Your adventure in the Neanderthal’s world starts in his cave with murals on the walls and giant mammoth tusks. Sparsely lit by a campfire it conveys the warm atmosphere in what Bob’s calls his spiritual home. Unlocking the other two locations will take you to an icy mountain peak to hunt for Pterodactyl eggs and a lush oasis for some relaxed fishing. A tribal soundtrack and elaborate animations round off a well-designed game.
All pay symbols on the Caveman Bob slot can appear as single or stacked symbol. At the low end, you will find the card suits beautifully carved in stone, paying 2.5x to 4x your bet for a five of a kind. They are followed by Pterodactyl birds, angry wolves, mighty rhinos and woolly mammoths at the medium level. Hit a 5OAK to win 5x to 12.5x your stake. The caveman Bob is the top-paying symbol with 25x your stake when five land on a line.
There are also wild symbols which appear in the features only, substituting for all other symbols. Pays for five wilds are also 25x your bet. There are no scatters on this slot but that doesn’t mean there won’t be anything else happening.
Caveman Bob’s Hangouts
Bob is a nomad that doesn’t stay too long in one location. He will move randomly between three of his favourite hangouts – the cave, the mountain and the oasis. Each has it’s own random features and varying volatility. In default mode, you will start in the cave as indicated in the display on top of the game window.
You will need to unlock the other two locations by playing the game. They will do so at random and once you unlocked them all, you can choose which location you want to play in, depending on what volatility you prefer for your gaming session. You can change your location at any time before a new spin starts by clicking on the respective icon on top of the game window. The unlocking and progress are not bet sensitive and will be stored for your casino account.
- The Cave – medium volatility | random stacked wilds: On any spin, one to five stalactites can land on the reels, which will expand into a fully stacked wild. A full screen will pay the maximum win on a single spin of 500x your bet.
- The Oasis – low volatility | random spreading wilds: Fire Embers can fly onto the reels to spread clusters of up to 13 random wilds.
- The Mountain – high volatility | random wilds: A blizzard might hit on any spin to place 3 to 15 random wilds onto the reels. Filling the entire screen will lead as well to the maximum win in a single spin.
Caveman Bob’s Shared Feature
On top of having a random feature in each location, you can also benefit from three common features that can trigger in any of the three hangouts. But they don’t come easy as Bob will have to catch hogs, fish or Pterodactyl eggs to trigger the feature selector. One of three rewards will be randomly selected on each occasion.
- Bob’s Wheel: Contains bet multipliers from x2 to x50. Spin one time to collect your reward.
- Hand of Bob: A low-value symbol is upgraded until a better win is created. It might continue after that up to the top symbol, presenting the chance to get a full screen. In our example below, it upgraded up to the rhino for a cool 200x stake.
- Mammoth Respin: You will get one respin with the mammoth symbol appearing in 2×2, 3×3 and 4×4 sizes, based in which location you are currently playing.
Bob’s Wheel is the option you will hit the most as it has the lowest win potential. We usually won something below 10x the bet, no reason to start mega win celebrations but good enough to keep the balance from dropping too fast. The other two features usually ended in higher wins.
Did you realize there isn’t a free spins round on the Caveman Bob slot? To be honest, it didn’t feel like it was needed as the amount of random and bonus features is well-sufficient to keep things interesting and the big wins hitting. Relax Gaming created a funny slot that will entertain you whenever you decide to have a spin on it.