Money Train 2
The gang of gunslingers is back on the slot from Relax Gaming, this time for a journey that is more daring than ever. Money Train 2 is taking you on an extremely volatile rollercoaster aboard a steampunk train that sees you returning to the ruins of the Western village featured in the original Money Train slot for another reel heist. Wild substitutions, a Respin feature and a Money Cart Bonus round with now nine extra symbols can lead to wins of up to an insane 50,000 times your bet.
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to £50 + 50 Cash Spins|
|Extras||50 Cash Spins on Book of Dead|
|No Deposit Offer|
|Bonus available||Valid until further notice|
|Time to meet requirements||30 days|
|Max bet size||£2|
|Deposit bonus||No limits|
|No deposit max cashout||N/A|
|Deposit Bonus||30 X Dep. & Bonus|
|Free spins||No wagering|
Money Train 2 is a video slot with five reels, four rows and 40 fixed pay lines. Wins are awarded for three to five matching symbols on a line from left to right only. You can join the band of misfits on desktop and mobile from 0.10 to 20 credits per spin. The game has extreme volatility (5/5) with an RTP of 96.40% and a hit frequency of roughly 1:5 spins. Using the Bonus Buy feature will increase it to a very generous 98%.
Opening the game will see you returning to the Western town from the original Money Train slot that was typical of the time when the railroads were progressing to the West of the continent. Times have moved on though with the town transformed into a steampunk village. The train will pull again into the station, stopping a carriage in view that will hold the game window. Relax gave all characters an update to align them with the steampunk theme. A more modern soundtrack with Western elements provides the main audio, heartwrenching in the base game and upbeat during the bonus game.
All pay symbols can appear stacked, starting at the low end with 3D card suits made from bolted metal casings – diamonds, clubs, hearts and spades – awarding 3x to 5x your bet for single five of a kind. They are followed by the four gang members – an outlaw lady in blue, a Mexican sniper in green, a native outlaw with battle stripes on his face and the leader of the gang, the Necromancer in red. Hit five on a line to win 8x to 20x your stake. A skull marked by the word itself acts as the wild symbol, substituting for all regular pay symbols and also yielding 20x your bet when five land across the reels. A gear icon is the scatter, appearing on all reels in two variations – standard or golden (more to the difference shortly).
Money Train 2 Slot Features
Making a sequel to an immensely successful game is probably the hardest job for slot creators. Change too much or water it down and the casino community will not recognize it, leave it mostly unchanged and the makers will be accused of taking the lazy road and trying to ride on the coattails of the original. As such, finding that right balance where a slot keeps the DNA of its predecessor but features sufficient changes that will make it stand by itself is the ideal road for continued success. Relax Gaming has dug deep into their creative chests to deliver exactly that balance. Time to take a closer look at what they included on Money Train 2.
New in the base game is the Respin feature. It will trigger when you land two standard bonus scatters. Each will unveil a multiplier which will be added for a total win multiplier before the reels respin indefinitely until you hit a win. For each respin, the win multiplier increases by x1, no limits. The feature ends once you score a win which will then be multiplied accordingly.
Hitting three or more standard bonus scatters or a combination with golden scatters will trigger the Money Cart Bonus Round. The scenery changes again to a night setting while the train leaves the station. A new train will arrive with the carriage carrying the grid for the bonus game with initially five reels and four rows. All triggering scatters are transferred to the same position on the triggering spin and will unveil a bet multiplier ranging from 1x to 10x for the standard scatter and 20x to 200x for the golden scatter. All values are accumulated on a display to the right of the grid (desktop).
The reels contain only blanks, standard scatters, golden scatters, six extra symbols which will award a special one-time prize and three Persistent symbols which will award a special prize after each spin. The game will activate an initial three spins with any money or extra symbol landing on a spin resetting the counter to three. All symbols landing will be locked in place with a revealed bet multiplier.
- Blanks: Do not carry a value and do not reset the spin counter.
- Standard Bonus Scatter: Reveals a random bet multiplier from 1x to 10x your stake.
- Golden Bonus Scatter: Reveals a random bet multiplier from 20x to 200x your stake.
- Payer – Outlaw Lady: Reveals a bet multiplier and adds it once to all other symbols in view.
- Collector – Native Outlaw: Reveals a bet multiplier before collecting once all visible multiplier values and adding them to its own value.
- Collector/Payer – Outlaw Lady & Native Outlaw: Reveals a bet multiplier and first adds it to all symbols in view before collecting once all new values and adding the sum to its own value.
- Sniper– Mexican Outlaw: Reveals a bet multiplier and doubles the multiplier on 3 to 8 other symbols in view. It can repeatedly double the value on the same symbol.
- Reset Plus – Pocket Watch: Reveals a bet multiplier and increases the number of respins by one.
- Necromancer – Wizard Outlaw: Reveals a bet multiplier and reactivates 2 to 7 non-persistent characters in view – Payer, Collector, Sniper and Collector/Payer. The same character can be repeatedly reactivated. They will then repeat their mechanic once for each reactivation.
- Persistent Payer – Gatling Gun: Reveals a bet multiplier and adds it to all other symbols in view for the current and all following spins. However, it does not increase its own multiplier.
- Persistent Collector – Magnet: Reveals a bet multiplier before collecting all visible values on the reels and adding them to its own value at the end of the current and all following spins. The symbol does not collect its own value.
- Persistent Sniper – Sniper Rifle: Reveals a bet multiplier and doubles the multiplier on 3 to 8 other symbols in view on the current spin and all following spins. It can repeatedly double the value on the same symbol.
The number of remaining spins is displayed on the left of the grid while the accumulated multiplier is shown on the right. Filling a reel with bonus symbols will widen the grid. For the first full reel, it will add one to the right and to the left for the second. The maximum possible grid size is 7×4. The bonus game continues until you run out of spins or fill the entire grid with money symbols. An extra prize of 500x your base bet will be awarded if you manage to fill the grid. The max win potential is capped at 50,000 times your stake.
Players lucky enough to be in a jurisdiction where bonus buys are still allowed, can take a shortcut and gain direct access to the Money Cart Bonus Round. Clicking on Feature Buy will bring up a screen to display the amount it will cost, which is 100x your base bet, and start a spin where at least three scatters will land once you confirmed the purchase.
Money Train 2 turned out to be more than just a decent sequel. Relax Gaming cranked it up in all parts of the gameplay. The win potential is more than double, there are more extra symbols in the bonus game and the volatility has turned extreme. Slotting heaven for hardcore players. As usual with such slots, we recommend some caution on the bet size and in this case on the usage of the Buy Feature button.
Last Update: 13th October 2020