The Karate Kid
Are you old enough to remember the blockbuster movie The Karate Kid? Or too young, to ever heard about or seen it? The underdog story of young Daniel LaRusso has mesmerized millions in the theatres and on TV. After Rambo, Downton Abbey and Resident Evil 6, Skywind Group has taken another challenge to bring a popular movie to a set of slot reels.
The Karate Kid slot has no less than 10,000 ways to win and bonus feature frenzy that will make your slotting session just as entertaining and eventful as the movie. And there is more as the game comes with a progressive jackpot.
The Karate Kid is a video slot with six reels in a 4-5-5-5-5-4 format and 10,000 fixed ways to win. Pays are awarded for adjacent symbols from left to right only. You can play the game on desktop or mobile from 0.40 to a huge 500 coins per spin. The RTP of this medium variance game is set at 94.02%.
The game window has been kept rather simple and generic, however, the animations were taken straight from the movie. Features like “Wax on, Wax off” or “Paint the Fence” bring back the memories from The Karate Kid movie when they are played out on the slot while Mr Miyagi’s voiceovers provide even more authenticity. Original songs from the soundtrack complete a well-designed slot game.
At the low end, you will find movie props such as sunglasses, car keys, Walkmans, paint brushes and wax sponges. They are followed by five characters from the cast – the Karate teacher John Kreese, Daniel’s opponent Johnny Lawrence, Daniel’s love in the movie Ali Mills, the wise sensei Mr Miyagi and Daniel LaRusso himself. Pays for single six of a kind range from 0.50x to 2.5x your bet.
The logo of the karate school Cobra Mai, where the opponents of Daniel train an unethical form of the martial art, acts as the wild symbol. A tile with Daniel trying the famous “Crane Kick” is the scatter, appearing as a 3-symbol high icon. A round tile with the sun is the second scatter on the reels, although it will be active in one of the bonus games only.
Five Random Taster Features
We rarely get to see a slot with such a high number of random features, and it too even seasoned players like us some time to figure them all out. They can trigger at the start of any spin in the base game and offer one spin to either trigger a bonus feature or hit a bigger win.
- Fight! Taster: played on separate reels with only sun scatters present. You will get one spin to land minimum 10 sun scatters that will trigger then the Fight! Tournament Respin feature.
- Crane Kick! Taster: you’ll get one spin to land a Crane Kick scatter in full view that will grant you an entry to the All Valley Championship Pick feature.
- Banzai! Taster: reels two and three, as well as four and five, are each merged into two super reels. All symbols on the super reels counts as two symbols, increasing the chance to hit a big win.
- Wax On, Wax Off! Taster: a random number of Cobra Kai wilds are added to reels two to five.
- Pain the Fence! Taster: one or more reels from reel two to five turn into stacked Cobra Kai wilds.
The All Valley Championship Bonus Features
Three or more scattered Crane Kick scatters in one spin will trigger the All Valley Championship feature on The Karate Kid online slot. Alternatively, you can enter it via the Crane Kick! Taster. The game will lead you to a screen with 19 fist icons where you can pick until you reveal three matching bonus feature names. A total of five are available, all with the same name as the Tasters.
- The Fight! Tournament Respin feature: played again on a different reel set in a 4×10 format with only sun scatters present. Three respins are initially awarded and the aim is to fill as many rows as possible with sun scatters. Each landing will be locked in place and the respin counter reset to three. This continues until you run out of respins or the entire grid is filled with sun scatters. Wins are awarded per row filled with scatters, ranging from 10x to 50x your bet. Completing all rows will award the progressive jackpot.
- The Crane Kick! Free Spins: initially 8 free spins, with +1 and +8 free spins added when one or two scatters land. The round ends when you run out of free spins.
- The Banzai! Free Spins: initially 8 free spins, which can be retriggered and are played with the merged reels as in the random feature.
- The Wax On, Wax Off! Free Spins: initially 8 free spins, which can be retriggered but will have random wilds added on every free spin.
- The Paint the Fence! Free Spins: initially 8 free spins which can be retriggered and will have random wild reels added on every free spin.
Phew, that was some action. Just like the movie, there is always something happening on The Karate Kid slot. Very entertaining and not to forget high win potential with the progressive jackpot. That is expected to payout in medium to high five figure sums.