Masters of Valhalla
- Game provider
- Snowborn Games
- Masters of Valhalla
- Feature Buy
- Game type
- Video Slots
- Mobile version
- Grid slot
- Sticky wilds
- Free spins
- Bonus game
- Progressive jackpot
- Min. bet
- Random Feature
- Max. bet
- Maximum win
- Last update
- January 23, 2022
Travel to the Norse lands for an encounter with mighty gods on the slot from Snowborn Games, powered by Microgaming. Masters of Valhalla is taking you on a volatile journey through Norse mythology with wild substitutions, random Wild God Respins and a bonus game with coin wins, respins and boosters that can lead to wins of up to 20,000 times your bet.
Recommended Casinos to play Masters of Valhalla
Masters of Valhalla is a video slot with five reels, four rows and 1,024 ways to win. Pays are awarded for three to five matching symbols landing on adjacent reels from left to right only. You can face the mighty gods on desktop, tablet or mobile from 0.10 to 25 credits per spin. The game has high volatility with an RTP of 96%.
A typical Nordic scenery with snow-covered mountain peaks and frozen lakes serves as the background on this slot that is deeply rooted in Norse mythology. The mighty gods themselves populate the reels while Odin’s raven watches over the treasure chest on the side of the game window. Trigger the bonus game and the Gate of Valhalla will open to take you into the majestic hall for an intense encounter with the Norse deities. An epic, at times heroic, soundtrack provides the main audio to the gameplay.
The pay symbols start at the low wend with a range of Nordic runes best distinguished by their coloured hue – purple, green, blue and orange – awarding 1.1x to 1.2x your bet for a single five of a kind. They are followed by Hel, Thor, Freya and Odin, each with a matching hue to the corresponding low-value and wild symbols. Hit five across the reels to win 2x to 3x your stake.
The wild appears in four variations, yet again recognizable by the coloured hue – purple, green, blue and orange – that will determine which random feature will play out once triggered. It can land on all reels, substituting for all regular pay symbols and yielding 15x your bet for five. Lastly, the gate to Valhalla marked with ‘Bonus’ acts as the scatter.
Masters of Valhalla Slot Features
Snowborn Games has been a partner on Microgaming’s Quickfire platform for some time and released just shy of a dozen slots over the years. While not overly well-known among players, their previous release called Cat Clans got more attention from the gaming community. Masters of Valhalla is following in those footsteps, aiming to outperform its predecessor. Time for a closer look to find out if it has what it takes.
The base game will keep you in suspense with Wild God Respins. Any wild landing on the reels will be collected in the treasure chest to the left of the game window (desktop). On each occasion, it can trigger a Wild God Respin, locking the wild in place and adding a random number of 1 – 19 wilds to the grid. Based on the coloured hue, all god symbols appearing on the respin will transform into the matching god character.
For example, a wild with a green hue triggering the feature will result in a Freya Respin, adding first the random wilds before turning all god characters into Freya symbols. Any converted symbols will reset before the next base game spin. Getting a full screen of random wilds would pay a staggering 15,630 times your bet.
The slot has two types of bonus games – standard and Berserk. Landing two scatters only will gradually fill the Berserk Booster meter at the top of the reels. Once completed, it will start the next bonus game with four instead of three respins. The collection is bet sensitive and is separately stored for every stake size.
Hitting three Gate of Valhalla scatters anywhere on reels one, three and five will trigger the Valhalla Bonus or Valhalla Berserk Bonus if the meter was filled prior to the trigger. The game area is cleared and three respins are awarded (four in Berserk mode). Before the start of the round, three sticky wooden or golden shields are placed on random reel positions. The aim is to land more shields or god symbols to collect bet multipliers or boost the existing ones. Here’s what they will get you:
- Blank: No coin win
- Wooden Shield: Awards a coin win between 1x to 9x your bet
- Golden Shield: Awards a coin win between 10x to 50x your bet
- Thor Expander: Thor can land up to two times per feature, gradually expanding the game area by one row at the bottom first followed by one row at the top. He will also award a coin win between 1x to 9x your stake.
- Freya Persistent Multiplier: When appearing, Freya will be marked with a multiplier between x2 to x9. The revealed factor will be applied to all coin wins landing at the same time and all following respins.
- Hugin & Munin Booster: The pair of ravens will appear marked with a coin win between 1x to 9x and will add the revealed value once to all symbols in view.
- Odin Persistent Booster: Odin will appear marked with a coin win between 1x to 9x your stake and will add the revealed value to all other symbols in view on the current and all following respins.
- Garmr Collector: Garmr will appear marked with a coin win between 1x to 9x your stake and will collect once the value from all symbols in view.
- Hel Persistent Collector: Hel will appear marked with a coin win between 1x to 9x your stake and will collect the value from all symbols in view on the current and all following respins.
Any symbol appearing will turn sticky and reset the counter to three respins (four in Berserk mode). The bonus game continues until you either run out of respins or fill the reels with sticky icons. For the latter, the game will award an extra one-time payout of 500x your bet.
Masters of Valhalla comes with a Bonus Buy feature in unrestricted jurisdictions. Players can choose to purchase direct access to either the standard of Berserk Valhalla Bonus Game. Once the purchase is confirmed, the game will instantly start with the selected bonus.
Masters of Valhalla will most likely remind players of Money Train or Money Train 2 from Relax Gaming. While the god symbols award their extras in slightly different ways, they all work as boosters for the total win from the bonus game, just like on the Relax Gaming slots that are seen today as the standard for this type of bonus games.
Nothing wrong with taking some inspiration from a competitor, especially when the slot is as well-executed as this creation from Snowborn Games and also has its own base game modifiers that separates it from the rest. The max win potential of 20,000x bet is certainly worth the volatile journey to the majestic halls of Valhalla.
Masters of Valhalla – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 1. How can I trigger the Wild God Respins on Masters of Valhalla?
- 2. Will using the Bonus Buy result in a higher RTP setting?
- 3. Can I win Free Spins on Masters of Valhalla?