Travel to the Far East for an encounter with fierce warriors on the slot from Yggdrasil Gaming. Hanzo’s Dojo is taking you back to medieval Japan when a fearless samurai called Hanzo would take on entire armies with just a few dozen highly trained Dojo warriors. An unusual reel set with a mini rooftop slot as well as wild substitutions and a free spins round with extra boosters can lead to wins of up to 3,000 times your stake.
Hanzo’s Dojo is a video slot with two separate reels set. The main game has five reels, three rows and 25 fixed paylines. On the rooftop is a separate mini-slot with a single line, spinning together with the main reels and containing three different boosters. Wins are awarded for three to five matching symbols on a line from left to right only. You can face the warriors on desktop or mobile from 0.10 to 125 credits per spin. The slot has medium volatility with an RTP of 96.10%.
The reels are set in a traditional Japanese house amongst lush grasslands, distant mountains and cherry blossoms that are blowing gently in the breeze. Hanzo and some of his warriors dominate the reels while a usually serene Japanese soundtrack goes into dramatic crescendos during teaser spins and feature triggers.
The slot has eight regular pay symbols, each potentially appearing stacked in the base game and free spins. They start at the low end with four differently coloured icons depicting wind storms, bonsai trees, Tsuru cranes and waves, awarding 1.2x to 2.4x your bet for a single five of a kind. They are followed by four of Hanzo’s warriors – a ninja, a female fan fighter, a samurai and a sumo. Hit five on a line to win 6.4x to 9.4x your stake.
Hanzo himself appears in the Rooftop slot only to award the Hanzo Spins feature. An intricate Japanese warrior mask is the wild symbol, appearing as well in the Rooftop slot only and substituting for all regular pay symbols. Additionally, it will also substitute for the Hanzo symbol to trigger the Hanzo Spins. Flat gong bells are the standard scatters on the main reels, while those on the rooftop have the bells held by two dragons and are more valuable than the standard scatter.
Hanzo’s Dojo Slot Features
Loading the game will present you with an unusual game format that has a mini-slot in the rooftop. It contains a single pay line with wooden blanks and three symbols, each awarding one of three prizes. Worth noting is that the symbols do not add more paylines on the main reels
- Wild symbol: Any warrior mask wild landing will expand downwards on the same reel and turn all symbols into wilds.
- Hanzo symbol: Three Hanzo symbols or in combination with a wild symbol appearing on the rooftop will trigger three Hanzo Spins. One of the eight pay symbols is randomly selected to be locked as a 3×3 colossal symbols on the three centre reels.
- Free Spins scatters: Scatters landing on the rooftop can trigger the Free Spins feature when either three land on the rooftop or in combination with further scatters on the main reels. Plus, each will award one free spin booster
Hit three or more scatters in one spin on the main reels and / or on the rooftop the trigger the Free Spins feature. Each standard scatter will award three free spins while those on the rooftop will award 4 free spins plus one of five boosters. During the feature, the three centre reels will be merged and will contain 3×3 colossal symbols only.
Until now, it reads like a rather normal, uneventful bonus round. However, it will all change when boosters come into play. There are five boosters available and will be awarded when a scatter appears in the rooftop slot, either on the triggering spin or during the free spins. The boosters are displayed in random order on the right of the game window and will activate successively from the bottom upwards.
- Wild 5th Reel: Reel five will be a sticky wild for the duration of the feature.
- Win Multiplier: A x2 multiplier will be applied to the total winnings at the end of the round. Can be awarded once per feature only.
- 3×3 Colossal Symbol Nudge: The colossal symbol on the centre reels can nudge up to three times on every free spin to give the best possible outcome.
- Pay Both Ways: Wins are paid both ways, from left to right and from right to left.
- Extra Free Spins: Awards +2 free spins. Can be awarded multiple times.
Hanzo’s Dojo is an entertaining slot that can spread some good mojo on a lucky day. Medium variance, ample features and decent win potential will make your trip to Japan worthwhile. Up to 3,000 times your stake are up for grabs in the free spins feature, which won’t be an easy feat but the slot should be good for regular wins in the 100x to 500x range.