Join the dashing adventurer on her quest to uncover rich treasures on the slot from Netent. Lost Relics will see you exploring ancient ruins in search of a mysterious chamber filled with valuable artefacts. An eternal flame is lighting up the grid with a cluster pays mechanic, wild substitutions, three random featured and a free spins round with hidden chests that will reveal extra treasures and can lead to wins of up to 1,500 times your bet.
Lost Relics is a 5×5 video slot with the Cluster Pays mechanic. Wins are awarded for six or more matching symbols landing connected horizontally and/or vertically. You can join the archaeologist on desktop or mobile from 0.20 to 100 credits per spin. The game has medium volatility with an RTP of 96.30%.
Loading the game will take into a mysterious treasure chamber of an ancient temple with an eternal flame on the left of the game grid and an ancient Perpetuum mobile on the right. The latter will set the grid in motion once the features are triggered. A suspenseful soundtrack which turns into dramatic crescendos on winning spins completes the slot design.
All regular pay symbols can appear stacked in the base game and free spins and start at the low end with the usual card suits – diamonds, clubs, hearts and spades – awarding across the board 75x your bet for a full-screen cluster of 25 symbols. The premiums are a range of ancient artefacts such as daggers, a Roman helmet, gem bracelets and a red ruby with a snake wrapped around it. Hit clusters of 25 symbols to win 150x to 300x your stake. The wild is a golden snake marked with ‘W’, substituting for all regular pay symbols while an ancient Perpetuum acts as the scatter.
Lost Relics Slot Features
NetEnt went to great length to integrate the gameplay into a storyline that develops as you spin the reels. There are no less than three random features which can be activated on any winning spin in the base game to potentially reveal bigger treasures. Watch out for the stones under winning symbols as they could crumble at any time to trigger one or more random features. On each occasion, the randomly selected features can be applied up to five times. Expect to see the coin win most often, followed by the extra scatter and the extra wild feature.
- Coin Win: One of the winning symbols will reveal an extra coin win ranging between 3x and 30x your total bet. Let it trigger the maximum five times and you could pocket up to 150x your bet overall.
- Extra Wild: Three extra wild symbols are randomly placed on the reels in positions that are not part of a winning cluster. Retriggering the feature five times would turn 15 of the 25 reel positions into wild symbols.
- Extra Scatter: One of the symbols in the winning combination is transformed into a scatter, increasing the chance to hit the three needed for the Free Spins round. Multiple scatters will be awarded if the feature is retriggered.
Hitting scatters anywhere on reels one, three and five in one spin will set in motion the Perpetuum on the right and award 10 Free Spins with the Hidden Chest feature. They can also appear anywhere in a winning cluster from the random Extra Scatter feature.
At the start of the round, one of three Hidden Chests is randomly placed in a location on the game grid, hidden by the stones. Scoring a winning cluster will see those stones break apart to potentially reveal a part or the entire chest. Once the full chest is visible, it will open and award extra prizes. The chests come in small, medium and large sizes, containing an increasing amount of awards proportional to the size.
- Extra Coin Wins: Coins wins of up to 30x the total bet will be awarded.
- Extra Free Spins: A random number of additional free spins is awarded. Up to 25 extra free spins can be won in a single feature.
- Sticky Wilds: Any awarded wild is placed on a random reel position and will stay sticky until the end of the feature. Up to six sticky wilds can be won in a single free spins round.
Once the maximum number for the extra free spins or sticky wilds is reached, the respective extra will not appear in any further chest. Once a chest is opened and the extras awarded, the grid is covered with stones and a new chest hidden in a random location, ready for you to uncover it again. The round ends when you run out of free spins.
Did we don our explorer gear to join the dashing adventurer on her hunt for hidden treasure on Lost Relics? The slot is indeed a very entertaining game, especially because of the added suspenseful moments of uncovering hidden chests and extra rewards. Visuals and soundtrack complement the storyline-like reel action well, but the win potential is rather average. The most you can pocket on a single spin is 300 times your stake while overall we estimate the maximum to be in the 1,500x range.