- Game provider
- Play’n GO
- Gerard's Gambit
- Feature Buy
- Game type
- Video Slots
- Mobile version
- Grid slot
- Sticky wilds
- Free spins
- Bonus game
- Progressive jackpot
- Min. bet
- Random Feature
- Max. bet
- Maximum win
- Last update
- March 29, 2023
Take the archaeological journey of a lifetime and unlock the secrets of the cryptex on the video slot from Play’n GO, Gerard’s Gambit. Travel to ten locations of 3×1 to 5×3 formats with one to ten pay lines, wild substitutions and sticky wild re-spins, garnished with bonus cash prizes and free spins rounds for wins of up to 3,000x your bet.
Recommended Casinos to Play Gerard’s Gambit
Gerard’s Gambit is a video slot with a single row spanning three reels, which awards wins for matching three symbols in a row. During game features, the reels can expand up to five positions into a 5×3 format with ten pay lines. You can join Gerard on his mysterious quest from 0.05 to 100 credits per spin. This game has a 5/10 medium volatility rating and a default RTP setting of 96.20%. Alternative RTP versions exist at 94.20%, 91.20%, 87.20% and 84.20%. Click the ‘?’ icon upon loading a Play’n GO slot to find the version in play.
The cryptex is a fictional device created by Dan Brown in the bestselling book, The Da Vinci Code. Billed as an ‘educational slot experience’, Gerard’s Gambit takes us on a journey around the world to solve the mystery of the cryptex in a search for valuable artefacts. The cryptex of ten locations spans the reels with a gameplay goal to unlock the next stage. Mysterious chords accentuate the adventurous theme, accompanied by animated transitions that help build the story.
The pay symbols vary according to each location. Symbols unlock as the story unfolds and the reels expand. Starting at the low end, 10, J, Q, K and A, awarding from 0.2x up to 4x your bet for three or five on a pay line. Aztec necklace, book, backpack, and compass symbols appear from location three onwards as the mid-payers, awarding from 1x to 15x your stake accordingly. Lastly, Gerard claims the high-paying spot awarding from 3x to 30x your bet depending on location for matching three or five-of-a-kind.
Wilds and scatters appear in different guises depending on location. Medusa, Anubis, Ganesha and Chaak represent the wilds that substitute all other symbols except the scatters. Three or five wilds in a row will net from 10x to 50x your bet. Wooden chests and circular stone keys represent the bonus scatters, which trigger free spins and bonus features on varying levels (more to that shortly).
Gerard’s Gambit Slot Features
Some slots are built on stories, with gameplay neatly woven into different chapters of progressive features or different modifiers. Jurassic Park and Jurassic World are both fine examples of movie conversions, Heroes Hunt 2 Megaways walks players through a classic Dungeons and Dragons theme, and Immortal Romance leaves a lovelorn story untold. Often engaging and tempting more spins, let’s take a look at the adventure-laden chronicle from Play’n GO.
Gerard’s Gambit is a slot with ten locations, each with its own layout and subtle differences. Starting at the first location, Gerard’s Mansion, a gameplay goal must be achieved to unlock the next location on the cryptex. Once unlocked, you can choose to travel or stay, and each location can be revisited by using a map feature. Wins are awarded for matching three symbols in a row, from left to right only along pay lines. In addition, each win can be gambled with one of three Gamble Features for up to 500x your stake:
- Coin Flip | x2 – x8: Choose between Heads or Tails to double your winnings. Up to three flips are allowed per feature. An incorrect guess returns you to the main game.
- Multiplier Wheel | x2 – x10: Choose a multiplier from 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x or 10x to multiply your winnings. Your choice adjust the win and lose sections of a one-time gamble wheel accordingly.
- Hi-Lo Cards | x2 – x4: Guess if the next card will be higher or lower than the card presented. You can guess up to two times to double your prize on each occasion. An incorrect guess returns you to the main game.
Each location of the journey expands on gameplay by adding bonus features, extra symbols or increasing the format. Your adventure with Gerard begins on a 1×3 layout with a single pay line and culminates in a 5×3 format with ten pay lines, as detailed below:
- Gerard’s Mansion | 1 out of 3 Volatility: 3×1 with a single pay line and Gerard and 10 symbols. Accumulate three wins to unlock the next location.
- Egypt | 1 out of 3 Volatility: 3×1 with a single pay line plus 10, J, Gerard and Wild symbols. Accumulate three wins containing wilds to travel to Mexico.
- Mexico | 1 out of 3 Volatility: 3×2 with 2 pay lines, 10, J, necklace, Gerard and wild symbols plus Sticky Wild Re-Spins. Land two wilds on a spin to trigger a Re-Spin with wilds locked in position. Trigger a Re-Spin feature on two separate spins to move on to Greece.
- Greece | 2 out of 3 Volatility: 3×2 with 2 pay lines, 10, J, Q, necklace, Gerard and wild symbols, plus Sticky Wild Re-Spins. Re-trigger a Re-Spin by landing a sticky wild to progress to India.
- India | 2 out of 3 Volatility: 3×3 with 5 pay lines, 10, J, Q, K, necklace, book, Gerard and wild symbols, plus Sticky Wild Re-Spins. Land a Bonus scatter to win an instant cash prize of 20x your stake, and progress to Egypt.
- Egypt | 2 out of 3 Volatility: 3×3 with 5 pay lines, 10, J, Q, K, necklace, book, backpack, Gerard and wild symbols, plus Sticky Wild Re-Spins by landing two or more wilds on a spin. Land a single scatter to trigger five Free Spins with sticky wilds, before moving on to the next location.
- Mexico | 2 out of 3 Volatility: 4×3 with 10 pay lines, 10, J, Q, K, necklace, book, backpack, compass, Gerard and wild symbols. Three wilds anywhere on a spin trigger Sticky Wild Re-Spins, which continue providing more wilds land. Land two bonus scatters anywhere to pick from two chests containing cash prizes of 20x and 60x your stake, and return to Greece for the next level.
- Greece | 3 out of 3 Volatility: 4×3 with ten pay lines, 10, J, Q, K, A, necklace, book, backpack, Gerard and wild symbols, plus Sticky Wild Re-Spins triggered by landing three wilds. Land two scatters to trigger five Free Spins with sticky wilds, plus one extra free spin with each scatter that lands during the round. Win up to 40 free spins.
- India | 3 out of 3 Volatility: 5×3 with ten pay lines, 10, J, Q, K, A, necklace, book, backpack, compass, Gerard and wilds. Landing four wilds triggers Sticky Wild Re-Spins. Three scatters trigger the bonus cash prize feature with a choice of three chests containing 20x, 60x and 100x your stake, before taking you to the final destination of the adventure.
- Egypt | 3 out of 3 Volatility: 5×3 with 10 pay lines, 10, J, Q, K A, necklace, book, backpack, compass, Gerard and wild symbols. Four wilds on a spin trigger Sticky Wild-Respins, and landing four scatter solves the cryptex and ends your epic journey with Gerard, triggering five Free Spins with Sticky Expanding Wilds. During the round, each wild symbol that lands expands to fill the reel and holds for the remainder of the feature. Each scatter that lands on a free spin awards an extra free spin up to the maximum of 40.
Reaching Level 10 and winning free spins completes the Gerard’s Gambit story, allowing you to choose any destination you prefer to play over again. Progress is not saved in relation to stake size and the RTP rating remains constant throughout each location. Worth noting is that the maximum win of 3,000x your bet can only be reached from location seven onwards.
Jetlagged and spun out, our epic adventure to the four corners of the globe and back concludes. Accompanied by Gerard’s warm and husky tones documenting the action, the music builds and becomes more adventurous with pace as the story unravels. Every step adds a little extra to the gameplay by adding symbols, expanding reels, and increasing the number of pay lines. A rollercoaster ride of sticky wild re-spins, bonus cash prizes and free spins rounds, Gerard’s Gambit is, as advertised, an educational journey, that will take you through pay line formats with sticky wild features.