- Game provider
- Push Gaming
- Big Bamboo
- Feature Buy
- Game type
- Video Slots
- Mobile version
- Grid slot
- Sticky wilds
- Free spins
- Bonus game
- Progressive jackpot
- Min. bet
- Random Feature
- Max. bet
- Maximum win
- Last update
- January 21, 2022
Join the bamboo-munching panda and his gang of furry friends for a volatile gaming journey to the Far East on the slot from Push Gaming. Big Bamboo weaves stacked symbols, wild substitutions and mystery symbol reveals for either matching symbols, wilds, or golden bamboo sticks with instant coin wins of up to 5000x stake and feature triggers. Traverse into a free spins bonus with symbol conversion to mystery reveals, extra spins and multipliers for wins of up to 50,000x your bet.
Recommended Casinos to play Big Bamboo
Big Bamboo is a video slot with 6 reels, 5 rows and 50 pay lines. Wins are awarded for matching three or more consecutive symbols along pay lines from the leftmost reel to the right. You can join panda and co in the bamboo forest from 0.10 to 100 credits per spin. This game has a high volatility rating and a 96.10% RTP. Lower versions may be offered, always check the help files to find out which version you will be playing.
Serene and calming dreamy music is accompanied by the hollow sound of bamboo for landing reels. The bamboo forest background provides a minimalist design, and the jolly cartoon symbols are slightly abstract. Push Gaming stamp their personality on Big Bamboo in their recognisable style.
The pay symbols start at the low end with the card suits of diamonds, spades, hearts and clubs, which pay 0.4x your bet for five of a kind. A blue bird, green monkey and brown boar appear next and will pay 12x to 20x for five of a kind. The panda completes the pay symbols and pays 150x your bet for five on a payline.
A gold wild symbol will award 150x stake for five of a kind and substitutes for all others except the bonus scatter. Bamboo acts as the mystery reveal symbol and golden bamboo activates a bonus feature. Yin Yang balls appear as the bonus symbol and golden as a gamble scatter symbol that triggers a range of free spins for landing a combination of three.
Big Bamboo Slot Features
Known for taking time to craft superior quality games rather than push out quantity, Push Gaming’s latest has mostly seen reworks of successful mechanics from their catalogue. Jammin jars 2, Fire Hopper and Booty Bay focus on groups of multipliers to elevate wins in Jammin Jars style with added coin wins. Let’s see what features can be found on this Asian-inspired release from the leading studio.
On a basic spin, when the reels come to rest, any Mystery Bamboo symbols in view will open to reveal matching pay symbols, wilds or golden bamboo symbols. The win evaluation is done once all mystery bamboo icons are uncovered. Reveal a golden bamboo to activate the Golden Bamboo Feature. Each golden bamboo symbol will respin separately and award one of the following prize symbols:
- Instant Prize Coin: Represented by a silver or gold coin, instant prizes appear as bet multipliers of 1x, 2x, 5x, 10x, 25x, 50x, 100x, 250x, 500x, 1000x, 2500x or 5000x your bet.
- Multiplier Symbol: Will reveal a multiplier of 2x, 3x, 5x or 10x, which multiplies all instant prizes and collector symbols.
- Scatter: A standard scatter symbol.
- Gamble Scatter: The gamble scatter symbol.
- Collector: Represented by the letter ‘C’, the collector symbol will collect all coin prizes and other collector symbol values for a total win.
Land two regular scatter symbols plus a gamble scatter to potentially trigger the Big Bamboo Free Spins. The gamble scatter will spin through the range of free spin options to reveal a number and up to four golden dots. The number represents the amount of spins awarded and the dots the number of symbols converted instantly into mystery bamboo:
- Grey: Blank Space with no award. The outcome you don’t want.
- Blue: 4 to 9 Free Spins with no symbols converted.
- Red: 7 to 9 Free Spins with 2 low-paying symbols coverted to msytery bamboo.
- Gold: 8 to 10 free spins with all low-paying symbols as mystery symbols.
Once the free spins award has been determined, you may choose to risk the bonus for an improved version by using the Gamble Feature. A prize ladder contains blank spaces or improved versions of your free spins award and is triggered only when landing the gamble scatter’s 4 to 9 or 7 to 9 free spins options. Land on a winning section for an improved free spins award or a blank space to lose the gamble and return to the main game.
A meter to the right (desktop) displays the low-paying card suit symbols – diamonds, spades, hearts and clubs – during free spins, each with four dots that need to be lit by landing scatter symbols. Each level attained converts the chosen symbol into mystery bamboo symbols on the reels, awards extra spins and adds a golden bamboo feature multiplier:
- Diamonds: Awards 4 extra free spins and a x2 golden bamboo feature multiplier.
- Spades: Awards 3 extra spins and a x3 feature multiplier.
- Hearts: Awards 3 extra spins and an x5 multiplier
- Clubs: Awards 2 extra spins and an x10 multiplier
A gamble scatter can land during the bonus and spin to award +1, +2 or +3 extra free spins. The golden bamboo win multiplier is applied at the end of any golden bamboo feature. HItting the top prize coin win of 5000x bet multiplied by x10 will end the round and pay the maximum win of 50,000x your stake.
Where available, Big Bamboo has a Bonus Buy Feature with four options. Once the purchase is confirmed, the game will start a spin that is guaranteed to trigger the Free Spins. The lower versions will lead you again to the Gamble Wheel where you can decide to risk and improve the bought feature or collect and start the round.
- 99x Bet: 7 to 9 free spins with no symbols converted to mystery bamboo. 96.95% RTP.
- 179x Bet: 7 to 9 free spins with diamonds and spades converted. 96.76% RTP.
- 608x Bet: 8 to 10 free spins with all card suit symbols converted. 96.71% RTP.
- 300x Bet: A mystery selection of one of the above three options. 96.74% RTP.
Through its simple, minimalist design, Big Bamboo makes for a playable and easy to understand game. Mystery symbol reveals are reminiscent of reeds used in the massively popular Razor Shark from Push Gaming and the Golden Bamboo Feature nested within, cries win combinations in a similar style.
Symbols tend to appear stacked on the reels, aiding the mechanic of mystery symbol reveals which will make or break a spin. Reveal the right animal symbol across the reels for wins of bigger stature or trigger a golden bamboo feature with a multiplier for a chance of something epic. Big Bamboo’s attraction lies in its simple, hypnotizing design and proven Push Gaming maths with out-of-the-blue considerable win potential.
Big Bamboo – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 1. How many times can you use the Gamble Feature on Big Bamboo?
- 2. Can you trigger the Big Bamboo Free Spins with three normal scatter symbols?
- 3. What is the maximum number of free spins achievable on Big Bamboo from Push Gaming?