Dead Man's Trail
- Game provider
- Relax Gaming
- Dead Man's Trail
- Feature Buy
- Game type
- Video Slots
- Mobile version
- Grid slot
- Sticky wilds
- Free spins
- Progressive jackpot
- Bonus game
- Random Feature
- Min. bet
- Max. bet
- Maximum win
- Very high
- Last update
- July 23, 2021
Dare to explore where man has perished before and follow the Dead Man’s Trail, an epic board-game slot saga from Relax Gaming. Band the motley crew of brigands on the reels with wild substitutions, stacked symbols, a random coin win feature. Bonus buy or spin into a trail-game bonus round with bet multipliers and eleven special actions from mystery chests, including persistent modifiers, which can multiply wins on every step of up to 50,000x your bet.
Recommended Casinos to play Dead Man’s Trail
Dead Man’s Trail is a video slot with five reels, four rows and 40 pay lines. Starting from the leftmost reel, wins are awarded for matching three or more symbols from left to right only. You can follow the trail from 0.10 credits to 20 credits per spin and bonus buy straight into the feature for 100x your stake. This game is highly volatile and comes with an RTP of 96.29%. Using bonus buy will increase the RTP to an attractive 98%.
Dead Man’s Trail looks exemplary, like a blockbuster video game with an atmospherical musical score to match. A creepy harbour provides the setting for the base game, presumably where our adventurers’ plot to follow the trail for treasure. A birds-eye view of the board game-style bonus round has a sandbox arcade game look and feel. Relax Gaming has spared no expense in creating a slot of monumental fibre.
Starting at the low end, the pay symbols of J, Q, K and A award up to 3x your bet for five of a kind. Next, characters from the game, One-Eye and Scout, will pay 5x your stake for five of a kind, followed by the Collector and Commander, who award up to 30x your bet for five of a kind. Wilds are a gold W and substitute for all symbols except for the bonus symbol and landing 5 of a kind across the reels will pay 60x your bet.
A skull-helmed ghostly ship acts as the scatter symbol and landing three anywhere on the reels will trigger the bonus round. Gold coins carry bet multipliers as instant wins, which are triggered by landing three or more anywhere on the reels for the Coin Feature.
Dead Man’s Trail Slot Features
Relax Gaming has proven itself as one of the elites in slot development. A players provider, releasing wave after wave of single version RTP slots, 96% or more, such as Money Cart 2 at 98% and Book of 99 with, yes, you guessed it, 99% RTP. For online casinos, they must be something of a bitter pill to swallow, having to feature games due to player demand of the legendary mechanics, whilst daydreaming of the increased profits that come with customisable versions.
Luckily, for now, it seems Relax Gaming are focused on building the quality, bit by bit, little by little; Dead Man’s Trail is one of their most stunning games yet, so let’s see if the gameplay matches and meets the high expectations set by the eye-candy. Should you prefer to bypass it all, then hit the Bonus Buy button to instantly enter the bonus game for a one-time bet of 100x your stake (restricted in some jurisdictions).
During the base game only, occasional play is interrupted by the Coin Feature. Each value shown on a coin symbol is a multiplier of your stake. Landing at least one gold coin symbol on three different reels will see all values displayed on the coins being added for an instant win. The multipliers typically range from x1 up to x100. No huge wins to be expected, but certainly a welcome balance booster once in a while.
Landing three bonus symbols will trigger the Trail Bonus Game. A board style game that uses a random number generator to move your pawn from 1 to 9 spaces each turn. Landing on tiles will either add to your total win multiplier, activate a special action or end the round. The trail has 37 tiles, of which 25 make up the main trail, with a further 5 and 7 tiles used for side trails which can be accessed when stopping on the relevant tile position. Tiles can be categorised into four types:
- Starting Tile – Always the same position for your pawn to begin it’s journey.
- Normal Tile – Has a coin value expressed as a multiple off your bet size which are added to your win total. These change to end tiles after being activated.
- End Tile – Tiles with a red skull and cross bones. Tiles 16 and 20 will always be end tiles and landing on this kind of tile will end the bonus round.
- Mystery Chest Tile – Landing on these tiles will trigger one of eleven special actions detailed below. Original mystery chests will always remain in position and active. Temporary mystery chest symbols will be replaced with end tiles.
- Scout | Randomly chooses either 100, 200, 500 or 1000 to add to a normal tile value.
- One-Eye | Reveals and multiplies between 2 to 4 randomly selected normal tiles by x2 to x5.
- Commander | Adds between 3 to 5 to every normal tile value.
- Collector | Collects and sums all normal tile values to add to your total win count.
- Collect & Command | Sums the values of normal tiles to the total win count and also adds the value back to the normal tiles.
- Reset | Replaces all end tiles with normal tiles with a random initial value.
- Super Reset | Replaces all end tiles with temporary mystery chests.
- Big Win Coin Win | Awards an instant coin win of 25, 30, 35, 40, 45 or 50 to the total win count.
- Persistent Scout | Works the same as Scout, persistently, at the end of each turn until the bonus ends.
- Persistent One-Eye | Works the same as One-Eye, persistently, at the end of each turn until the bonus ends.
- Persistent Commander | Works the same as One-Eye, persistently, at the end of each turn until the bonus ends buut this time with random values from 2 to 5.
Each bonus randomly generates the initial normal tile values and number of mystery chest symbols in addition to the fixed tile positions. As you move around the board, moving off of normal tiles converts them to end tiles and landing on the starting tile awards a reset. During the bonus, your win total is displayed in a meter and displayed as a bet multiplier. This will multiply your stake by its value at the end of the feature before awarding the total amount.
Dead Man’s Trail is one of Relax Gaming’s most polished games to date. The bonus has a pocket-sized arcade flavour and, if anything, the game wouldn’t miss a backstory to complement the heroic depth of production. The gameplay itself relies on stacked symbols and the coin feature to keep the hunt for gold going before you join the trail – a highly volatile bonus game experience. Dead Man’s Trail is an awe-inspiring game, found with a solid and relaxing single RTP of 96.29%, no matter where you play.
Dead Man’s Trail – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 1. Is the RTP setting different between standard play and Bonus Buys on Dead Man's Trail?
- 2. What's the story behind Dead Man's Trail by Relax Gaming?
- 3. Is Dead Man's Trail a slot from Relax Gaming a slot or online board game?