Get ready to headbang to the best hits of heavy metal band Helloween on the slot from Play’n GO. Part of the developer’s rock band series, the game is a reel adventure for the spooky season featuring tracks from the Keeper of the Seven Keys albums that propelled the band to stardom in the heavy metal scene in 1987 and 1988. With the fabled keys at the core of the gameplay, you can look forward to frenzied mayhem from seven different bonus features that can lead to wins of up to 5,000 times your bet.
Helloween is a video slot with five reels, three rows and 10 fixed pay lines. Wins are awarded for three to five matching symbols or in combination with a wild on a line from left to right only. The game has medium volatility (6/10) with a default RTP of 96.20%. Some operators will offer it with secondary RTP settings at 94.20% or 91.20%, make sure to check the help files to find out which version you will be playing.
The pay symbols start at the low end with card royals from 9 through to A, awarding 1.5x to 2.5x your stake for a single five of a kind. They are followed by the devil’s hand reaching out for a golden key, a quartet of monstrous creatures, the keeper and a golden ring. Hit five on a line to win 8x to 20x your bet. There are seven different wilds appearing on the reels at various times during the gameplay and features, each a different pumpkin character. They can land on all reels, substituting for all regular pay symbols and also yielding 20x your stake for five. An orb with the seven keys acts in a dual function as a wild and scatter.
Helloween Slot Features
Seeing the slot title brought back memories from yesteryear as Helloween was quite popular in the heavy metal scene. Those were the times. While the albums gather dust in my basement, although they are well stored, it was up to Play’n GO to bring the tracks back to life, naming the bonus features after some of their most successful songs. They will be blaring from the speakers while the mayhem on the reels unfolds.
At the centre of the action are the Pumpkin Wilds, one for each of the bonus features. You will need to land orb scatters anywhere on reel one, three and five in a single spin to see them come to life. Once triggered, the Keeper of the Seven Keys Feature Wheel will appear and spin once to randomly select one of seven features. Each has 5 Free Spins except the Helloween Free Spins round which has 7 free spins.
- I’m Alive Free Spins – Spreading Wilds: Any wild landing will be held and spread up or down by one position on subsequent spins until they fill the entire reel. They will disappear then on the next free spin.
- Future World Free Spins – Expanding Wilds: Any wild landing will instantly expand to cover the entire reel for the current free spin.
- Eagle Fly Free Spins – Roaming Wilds: One roaming wild is added for each spin. They will move to a random position on every following free spin.
- Dr Stein Free Spins – Wild Transformation: Dr Stein will randomly select one low-value symbol on every spin and turn all in view into wilds.
- March of Time Free Spins – Walking Wilds: Any wild landing will stay on the reels and walk to the left by one reel on every following spin until it falls off the grid.
- I Want Out Free Spins – Exploding Wilds: Any wild landing will swallow symbols around it and explode into a 2×2 mega wild.
- Helloween Free Spins – Extra Feature Wheel: Collect three hearts to receive another spin on the Feature Wheel. Any of the six features won will play out with the number of Helloween Free Spins locked. The round continues after the extra feature has ended. Land again on the Helloween Free Spins segment and it will retrigger 7 free spins.
And that’s not all. For a final bang, there is the Helloween Multiplier which can randomly trigger at the end of any bonus feature and award an x2, x3, x5 or x10 that will be applied to the total winnings. However, not after extra features won during Helloween Free Spins. At most, you can walk away with up to 5,000 times your bet, which is the usual win cap on Play’n GO slots.
Play’n GO is continuing the pursuit in bringing rock bands from around the world to a set of slot reels including Twisted Sister and Saxon. Each has its own random and bonus features, which combined with original soundtracks blaring from the speakers make for exhilarating slotting sessions, especially for fans of the various bands. Helloween fits well into that category with no less than seven different free spin modes. Plenty to headbang!